Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Those wee yellow road signs....

Options
  • 28-07-2002 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Summat that has been bothering me for years, and now I'm only getting around to asking it! :D

You've seen them, those little road yellow signs, sometimes with directional signposts, often on their own,

Like this....

N-52

What the hell are they telling us? GPS positions?

I'd love to know once and for all! :)

Cheers,

Damo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ther first bit is the road designation ie N 52 second bit is a marker which denotes a point from the start of the route if I remember rightly. I think its something to do with the Ordnance Survey.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I knew what the N-52 bit meant, thank you very much :D:D

I was wondering was it mapping and/or GPS related, no definitive source on the interweb to tell me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sorry! :D

I did a google before I tried to answer your query and could'nt find a sodding thing, except a jokey reference which suggested they were something to do with an alien invasion due in 1998!

Mike

Advertisement