Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depressed

Options
  • 28-07-2002 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i think i am going through depression , i feel ill all the time , but its not a physical illness , more like i hate the person i am , .it seems to get worse by the week , last week i was convinced things would get better but thy have`nt , i d`ont look forward to anything , i do think about death but i d`ont want that either .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

Ignore it, suppresion is the solution! What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.. etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Unreg, you've been stealing my thoughts!

But seriously, I have gone through and do go through this quite a lot and what you really have to do is to think about your good qualities. Think of the reasons that you should like yourself, and the reasons that your friends like you. Talk your best friends about your depression, it'll really help even if they don't have a solution, talking to someone you trust about this will make you feel a lot better. They'll probably have gone through this themselves at least once before.

Life has its ups and its downs, if you've been having a lot of downs for a while then just keep holding on, it'll stand to you and there's always an up waiting for you somewhere.

}:>

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

i know someone who was in very deep depression, they went to a doctor for help, got medication to help it etc.

If your a teenager, it happens, went thru it myself a few years back. It does pass though.

The person i know is now over the depression as well, and they weren't in their teens either.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i used to have this too, the solution is: TAKE THE PISS OUT EVERYBODY ELSE AND BECOME AN IGNORANT SELF-ABSORBED ASSHOLE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Personally I think that making other people feel worse is never the right way to go about cheering yourself up, and that doing the opposite will probably be a lot more helpful. But that's just me.

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

if it's not a physical illness, and is chemical depression, go to the doctor and get a blood test, that will show if you are really depressed or just crying for attention.
    if you are really depressed from a chemical imbalance, u will have to take anti-depressants for about 6 months to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Get some professional help as soon as possible. Like any other medical/psychological problem, the earlier you do something about it the better.

I've a brother who's going through some awful stuff at the moment with depression/psychological problems. I don't want to post anything about it while regged (may do so at some point) as you never know, he may come across it. What I have learned from it though is that dealing with something like this early may be the best solution you can make for yourself.

As has been pointed out, it may be a chemical imbalance or something like that - the only person who can help you through that is a doctor. And most of all, if something is prescribed for you, take it! (this is the problem we have at home with my brother - he doesn't want to take what's been prescribed and the whole thing is getting worse for the poor chap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 madser6

unreg, alot of what you've been saying is in my mind too!

But its all in your mind!

you're worth alot more than that and maybe talking to someone would make it easier!

hope i help!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Perhaps the weather is just adding to this depression

This is the most depressing summer i have ever had in my life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Go to the doctor and get some help. A really good friend of mine has been suffering from depression for the last 2 years, I hadn't a clue (some friend I am) and thought he was just the moodiest guy I had ever met. He's been getting medication lately and he says he's much better. Hopefully the same can happen for you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement