Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never winter nights please

Options
  • 28-07-2002 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Can someone please loan me a neverwinter nights cd-key,I have 1 but i need two to even do a poxy lan thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

me dont think anyone will give that to you.
    the whole warez thing.

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If you want people who play NWN go have a look at the RPG boards and post it there, you will more likely get a useful reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Actually, I'm not going to remove this. Amp is free to if he wants. However, having struggled for about two hours on Saturday to get a 3-person LAN game of NWN up and running without spending over £100 on the software, I personally think swapping legit keys for LAN play is a perfectly reasonable response to the utterly unreasonable protection Bioware have shoved on this game. They can shove it up their fudgetunnel if they think people are really going to buy a copy per player just to play on a home LAN...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fair play. Fudgetunnel shoving away! But use the PM or e-mail systems people. Any keys actually posted will be deleted.

AND WAREZ IS BAD! IT MAKES YOUR TONGUE FALL OUT! IT GIVES YOU CANCER! IT WAS ACTUALLY RESPONISIBLE FOR SEPT 11TH! IT RAN AWAY IN MY TRUCK AND SHOT MY DOG!

There, that should appease the anti-warez gods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dont bother postin in the RPG forum, cos I'll only delete your posts if they're on this topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I with ACE OwNz J0oO on this.

So I to am looking for a spare CD key for a home lan.

Id also be greatful if someone could burn me a copy of NW onto CD as Im scared that my original might be scratched at the lan :)

FFS Shinji you going soft or something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

And remember guys we have evidence now that Shinji supports computer piracy so he can never rant and rave about it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im with shinji on this one. Its ludicrous to expect ppl to buy 3 copies of the same game to play on a home lan. That encourages piracy because people who wouldnt normally be bothered about looking for cracks will go and try to find some out of necessity.

Its not just home, ppl play games in workplaces as well as cafes etc...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont condone piracy, and I'm with Rev on this so I dont want to see keys turning up here.

If you dont agree with the license, dont buy software and its not unreasonable to expect people to buy their own copies, most multiplayer games require it for WAN play and only some (notably Starcraft and other games from Blizzard) allow you to create multi player spawns.

Hate to be a hard ass on it but you can always execute the ultimate customer perogative and not buy the thing at all.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh sure, don't get me wrong - I don't want people to post CD Keys here, and I'll delete 'em if they show up.

However I figure it's fair enough to leave the initial post here. It's a sane request, the guy isn't a pirate, he just wants to be able to play a game he bought on a LAN with his mates. That's really not so much to ask is it?

Besides, swapping legit CD keys is the perogative of the user and doesn't actually constitute piracy. That said, if you guys are going to swap keys, make sure the person you're swapping with is trustworthy and isn't going to try and use the key online - and that the key you're getting in return is legit!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont condone piracy, and I'm with Rev on this so I dont want to see keys turning up here.

If you dont agree with the license, dont buy software and its not unreasonable to expect people to buy their own copies, most multiplayer games require it for WAN play and only some (notably Starcraft and other games from Blizzard) allow you to create multi player spawns.

Hate to be a hard ass on it but you can always execute the ultimate customer perogative and not buy the thing at all.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

I would like to point out that CD KEYS are neither copyrighted or trademarked there is nothing illegal or pirated about swaping cd keys

using them to do something illegal is a different matter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by EricM
    I would like to point out that CD KEYS are neither copyrighted or trademarked there is nothing illegal or pirated about swaping cd keys

*bursts bubble* yes it is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Right, hopefully by now the cheerfully monikered Ace has his key and all is well. No real need for further discussion then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement