Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your first ever site

Options
  • 29-07-2002 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

so, webdesigners, what was ur first ever site ? wat age were u when u made it ?

first site : simple white page using notepad and HOW TO PROGRAM HTML 4.0 [i think].

topic : selling 2nd hand crap that was in my room to the highest bidder

link : none, cant remember the address :(

plz excuse me if this has been done b4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I think the first website I made was when I was 17... I uploaded the site, then forgot all about it lol. However, I've probably been editing the odd bit of html, and creating offline sites since i was around 13 or 14... I'm honestly not sure when I started, but I do vaguely remember one of my offline/utility works was a thing named C&C universe workshop, which was almost completely done in html.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I've not sure what the first site I had public was, but I have a terrible feeling it was on geocities, made with publisher, (I'm SORRY!! I've learned my lesson! vi is the way!) and was about game cheats... :) (probably still fecking there and all, and I know I was still getting spam from v3 because of it until very recently!)

A while after I started learning HTML at home, they tried to teach us a little in school, I corrected the teacher a few times, "doesn't the closing title tag go BEFORE the closing head one?" and "er, well actually you can put a peroid in a filename...", and I got yelled at. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Hoojah Nickabolokov

my very first site was a college project back in 99 which I uploaded to some freespace host and forgot about very quickly.

But one of my first proper sites was giving me hassle and I remember coming here to get help http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?&threadid=23389 - the posts are messed up a bit but it still makes funny reading.. sorry for the language lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

my first site was about the sept 11th attacks on america.

it was a small college project to create a web site. hadnt a clue what i was doing. done in notepad, no dreamweaver allowed.

it turned out ok (or so i taught), loads of info about taliban,usa,weapons.

looking back at it now i think it was sh!t and there is no way i would hand any work like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Did my first one when I was 14. Have you ever seen the simpons episode when Home becomes Mr. X ?

Well the site he made before that site with loads of annoying bells and whistles was more or less what I had done :)

Did it all in simple text :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I made my first site when I was 15. It was pants, made in frontpage express. I made some money off it though through advertising, £20stg from banner adds. It was a site with cheat codes for console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Mine was back in 99 using Netscape ocmposer..it was completely crap - I'm not sure what it was even about....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

My first web site worth speaking of was one I created in 1995 for the Students Union's newspaper in Limerick RTC (now 'Limerick Institute of Technology'). The paper was called 'The X-Press' and the site was hosted by Ireland On-Line. It's no longer online and unfortunately I don't have it on file anywhere.

My first ever web page which I put online was a simple 'hello world, it's meeee!' plain text page which was hosted on the server of a US college. I put it up in late 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

my first one was this: http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluefigment/ back in about 1999. i was about 23.
    It developed as i learnt more about the web and about software as it was my first computer :)
    the layout and look is pretty much how i started it.

Advertisement