Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE EPG last night

• 29-07-2002 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

what was the story with the RTE1 EPG last night?
    they stuck in Only Fools and Horses (how bad!) and juggled the rest of the schedule about

Did I miss some announcement earlier in the day?

Comments

Put simply, they didn't want their flagship sunday night programme treasure island clashing with an hour long wedding special coronation street on TV3-so they moved things about at short notice.
    Such things often happen in the UK to prevent clashes when the major soaps there do specials, but not so often on RTÉ.
    If I was in TV3, I'd be chuffed that they were forced to do this

Being ineffecient, they changed the 171 listings on Aertel but for got about Sky guide.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by madman
    Being ineffecient, they changed the 171 listings on Aertel but for got about Sky guide.
    mm
    yeah i noticed that, i had to resort to using text to find out what was on
    idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that's why the EPG was out by about an hour late last night :mad:

RTÉ are idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Lads, calm down. So the EPG was a bit out of whack on Sunday. As far as I have seen this is the first time that there has been a mistake with the EPG for the terrestrials. If it begins to happen regularly then fine, complain and call them idiots, however as a once off aren't we all entitled to make a mistake.

In my opinion RTÉ (and TV3 / TG4) are very good at using the EPG correctly. I was amazed to see the amount of series linked programmes available from day one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

well the timing of rte leaves a lot to be desired
    numerous times i have been watching a program for about 3-4 mins when the reminder pops up to tell me my program is about to start

which isnt very helpful if you have set the video to record it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

The reason the timings are always going out is becuase RTE show a fair amount of live programming. It is much easier to keep on schedule if you only show exact tv half-hour or tv hour long shows. Also the program makers don't always tell VT the correct timing of their programming and this happens from independant as well as in house suppliers.

a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    If it begins to happen regularly then fine, complain and call them idiots

i already have. i have noticed it happen quite a bit especially in the small hours when i tend to watch the telly the most :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Rte are fairly good with the epg but they love bulls***ing us G.A.A fans every so often by putting in the saturday and sunday game in in their normal postion then i say horay we have got the game on sky no fooling around up on the chimney trying to improve the snow storm on terrestrial. I add it to the personal planner wake up the next morning and search fo saturday & sunday and "No listings availble" I could ring that fella's neck i said once!

Regards Culchie Boy

"Kerry For Sam"

"Waterford for Liam"

Advertisement