Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gary Breen is off to West Ham

• 29-07-2002 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

According to a rumour I've heard. I'm not sure whether that's interesting news?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea, Irish first choice centre back joining a top 6 premiership club - thats not news at all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wern`t Roma\Lazio looking for him.

Mick McMuppet advised him to stay in England as he is"captain material"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

Originally posted by bazH

Mick McMuppet advised him to stay in England as he is"captain material"
    Hm... I'm not too sure about that one - at Coventry he always spent more time bawling at his defenders than being captainly, and if a team-mate was giving the ref lip he'd look the other way (which meant 10 yards lost and a vital goal conceded) instead of responsibly pulling him away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

There was a rumor he was going to Barcelona (?). He had a good world cup. Good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 T4-DEMON

yes he had a good world cup but remember all the time before he was ireland's week link? he wouldnj't survive in a club like barcelona, he would DIE ON THE BENCH!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Gary Breen is a second rate player he has been all his career he's 28 now and if he was as good as the papers make him out to be he would not have been lingering in the 1st division the last two seasons.

West ham have wisely signed him on to a one year contract,after all i think the strikers in the premiership are abit better then janckar and the saudi arabia strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Just to clear things up... it was Inter Milan that showed interest. And yes, Breen himself did turn down the offer, as he has a good working relationship with Glen Roda, his ex manager at Gillingham - this according to sky sports news.

It's a good move for a very average player who had an acceptional world cup for a player who has deservedly been playing in the 1st division for over a year in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Gary Breen was never a bad or even average player he actually very talented IMO. The problem with him is that he always had one or two horrendous mistakes a game in him for whatever reason lack of concentration etc.(anyone remember that abysmal og on his coventry debut?) It looks to me like he has eliminated those schoolboy errors form his game and if he really has he could be one of the best defenders in the Premiership. He really should have gone to Italy though it really is the greatest league in the world for defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Gary Breen was never a bad or even average player he actually very talented IMO. The problem with him is that he always had one or two horrendous mistakes a game in him for whatever reason lack of concentration etc.(anyone remember that abysmal og on his coventry debut?) It looks to me like he has eliminated those schoolboy errors form his game and if he really has he could be one of the best defenders in the Premiership.

i agree....

On the subject of Irish defenders, I think Phil babb will have a good season... and take ian hartes place in the ireland line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox

On the subject of Irish defenders, I think Phil babb will have a good season... and take ian hartes place in the ireland line up.

I've seen Babb playing left back for Liverpool .... trust me, Harte ain't that bad!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

Looks like Kilbane willbe following Breen to West Ham after giving the Sunderland supporters the V sign at an away match when they boo-ed him .....AGAIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

|If I was a Sunderland fan I'd be booing him too. A winger who can't cross deserves abuse.

Sunderland fans hate Kilbane, for reasons I have never followed to be honest! Some hate him cos sometimes he's great and sometimes hes crap. Others hate him cos he plays on the left all the time, which means that Arca (when fit) plays out of position on the right. Most Sunderland fans think that when Arca plays on the left he is the best player in the league....

IMHO Sunderland are going down and Kilbande should get out of there anyway :)

rofl....

oh god thats classic....

you should be on stage :)

Advertisement