Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Help please

• 25-07-2001 7:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Ok lads I need some help...
    I'm in Australia at the moment and I been sponsored by an agency
    to stay over here for 3 years, but this is based on the fact that i have to find my own
    job on more than $25/30ph.. this may not seem to hard but Australia's IT industry is in a worse state than
    Ireland and the UK at the moment. Anyway I need some help with my CV. I have been told that I need to spruce it up a bit
    for over here.
    My experiece is:
    3 months isp technical support (iPrimus Australia)
    10 months Desktop Support (lockheed martin/Gateway)
    10 months Technical Support (Dell)
    9 Months helpdesk (****ty call centre)

I have extensive Win 95/98/Me/NT4 Server and Workstation/2000
    I have studied for the NT4 Mcps and could probably Bluff the knowledge if I put that I have done some of them on My CV
    I Also know a bit about : Vantive, AS400, Microsoft SMS
    I know a good bit about Novell
    Extensive knowledge of most Microsoft apps(office etc)
    Ms exchange server
    Application support (office and 3rd party software)
    Printer support, server config
    Also extensive Hardware support and knowledge.
    I need to know how to display all this properlly on my cv - the agencies over here are useless and no help.
    Some examples of Cv's or something might help, how do you make up your cv and what way do you present it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you big liar!!!!!
    i'll send you my cv stuart and see what you make of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

cheers Eamo,
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    you big liar!!!!!
    B]</font>
    I don't what you mean!!
    Nice Cv by the way (even if it's full of **** smile.gif )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Send stuff to yer hotmail.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Well for presentation, here is an online one i did for the girlfriend. Its flash 5 but i have flash 4 and a html version ready to upload. The print function in flash 5 is great and will provide employers with a ready formatted cv instantly.

As its for the far side of the world i could do you a version if you are interested. or send you the source files for you to adapt.

http://www.webnet.ie/mary/

Thanks for the help lads. but know I need a little more help. My Cv seems to ok now but I need a decent cover letter. I have searched the net and I could not find anything it related.. Any help would be appreciated again.

• Advertisement

stu, send me your cv and i'll take a look at it
    heres a couple of the cover letters that ive been putting about

Dear x

I am currently based in Dublin, but I do a lot of my work in Uxbridge as cover support for our head office. I am looking for a full time move to England, preferably the Surrey area, in the near future.
    I am currently working as 3rd level support and junior network administrator within Gateway, and would feel confident going for any similar positions that you may have. I would like to try and get a permanent position, however I will also consider any contract positions in the 3-6 month region.
    I have attached my CV and if you have anything that you think I may be eligible for I would greatly appreciate it.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your Sincerely

Eamon Kenny

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am currently based in Dublin but am moving to Surrey in the next 2 weeks,
    Immediately if I am successful in getting a position.
    I am currently working as 3rd level support and junior network administrator within Gateway, and would feel confident going for any similar positions that you may have.
    I would like to try and get a permanent position, however I will also consider any
    Contract positions in the 3-6 month region.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your Sincerely

Eamon Kenny

basically the same.
    keep it simple and short.
    i have been using variations on the last one, changing only my date of departure for one reason and another.
    tell them what you want, tell them what you do, and tell them when you want it.

Eamo for president..
    More Fidel than Bertie I reckon smile.gifbiggrin.gif

i'l send you my cv later when i get a chance.
    cheers for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Eamo, are you standing for election or something smile.gif

youd think so wouldnt you!

hey, im just a very helpful person (on my own board anyway, im a pr1ck on all the others smile.gif)

Advertisement