Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best ever WWE WWF wrestler.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

No never met him, and only found out when we had a family reunion for our american relatives who wanted to find their irish roots.
    Don't remember much about him but he was some kid to fly from the top ropes. I don't even know if he still fights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

emm...hate to break this to you, but brian is dead,
    he died in 97 i think, from a heart attack brought on by an overdose of painkillers.

sorry about that:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is my all-time favourite! Absolutely amazing match at Wrestlemania 3 against Macho Man Savage.
    Best match I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

You can read about your cuz's life here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Rey Mysterio!!!!!!! He's only been in the wwe a week and he already owns!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

"Was that his name? The eejit who would slap himself on the back?" - i believe that the chap your refering to is barry horawitz(sp?) but i could be mistaken - as for the best of all time - it is so hard to compare old school with, say japanese pure wrestling, for example - there have been many great wrestlers mentioned but i coulnt begin to compare someone like steamboat to hart to hyabushi etc - just so diferent and of a diferent era working in unique environments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

I gotta go with kurt hes just got the whole package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels
    Actually, now that I think of it, in terms of showmanship I used to love Brutus the Barber Beefcake and Jake the Snake Roberts.

Yeah, Beefcake was cool! Him, Roddy Piper and Jake the Snake used to be my favorites when I got into wrestling in the '80s. Re Beefcake (I could be wrong here but) I think he never had to lose a bout between adopting the 'barber' gimmick in 1987 and his paragliding accident in 1990. Not bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jamaican

I`ve been reading through your posts gotta say little surprised NO UNDERTAKER
    he was one of the best not a very good technical wrestler but a great wrestler he brought edge, christian, gangrel, bradshaw farrooq and the naked midion
    at this time he ruled the wrestling industry at this time he kicked the **** out of austin week in and week out.
    which made for great viewing when austin walked out with a win against them.

the best alliance would have to be the hart foundation dx were great but were never quite as good./ compared to other alliances like one`s the million dollar man created were good but were only for rating`s eg the hulkster period!!!!
    ricky the steamboat was a great wrestler better then many today but he was never on the main events enough!!!! he needed more time in the spotlight as out of the mouth of the great gorilla monsun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Technical brilliance? Wrestling is all about selling the move - you can be as technical as you want but if you don't have the charisma to sell it you're wasting your time.

And there's nobody with more charisma than the Rock. Its all boring unless you've got the Rock blabbing his big mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

the idea of an interesting, exciting etc character making it exciting is not entirely true - it depends on your taste - many love watching the likes of benoit, rvd et all with no personality & charisma perform because they are so good in ring (and im one of those people) - the other angle is that you can have all the personality you want but if you cant perform in ring (and lets be honest, rock is nothing more than competent in ring) - i would prefer to see a benoit/lynn/regal/hart/flair (of ten years ago) etc than your rock/edge/hogan/nash etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jamaican

I guess it is true now that people do watch wrestling for nothing else but to see the rock shout his mouth off and complain about this and that
    the next big thing brock lesner will show ppl how power does dominate in the wrestling industry. it was the hitman who finally showed the world technical wrestler`s can make great superstars.
    if jerry lynn was left stay for a little while longer he would of shown greatness at it`s best with his technical wrestling a high flyer and his strength.
    go on jerry lynn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

one name who had it all despite the wwe making him into a chicken had to be the ayatollah of rock n rolla, Y2J chris jericho. techniclly sound, bit of a high flyer, can be hardcore, good mike skills, and can easily create heat. the only other name i would put beside him is the true best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be, the game, HHH. but just for great wrestlers [wheter wrestler/entertainer] check this list: mick foley, RVD, benoit, Mysterio, sabu, raven [more in his ecw days], hbk, jake the snake roberts, tazz [when he was a thug supastar], lance storm, al snow and edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

Sabu, Dreamer, for entertainment, the best heel ever has to be Raven.

remember when he crucifyed Sandman? The crowd were jumping over the rail, they wanted to f*ckin kill him!

The problem with current WWE wrestlers is they either dont sell anything, or oversell to the point of comedy...

Overselling: That time Rock got stunned and jumped across the ring, last week on RAW when Michaels SC Music's Lesnar... AND HE JUMPED OUT OF THE RING! And then there was that pathetic attempt at a plancha he did a bit later...

Advertisement