Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pantera Distortion

Options
  • 29-07-2002 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Hey guys-I've been trying to get a pantera sound outta my stringed plank but to no avail. Do I need a pedal or am I doing it all wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You probably could get it with a good distortion pedal, but More likely you'll get it with SD Hotrails in the bridge:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Try mixing some heavy distortion with a fair bit of reverb and chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I'm not really familiar with pedals n'sh!t....whats an sd hotrails? Pedal prices have gone to the dogs nowadays. Being a guitarist is dear nowdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Get a RAT Pedal or a metal zone, cut all the Mid out of your EQ and half the Low end, a little reverb and a pinch of chorus.
    Panteras fine distortion is really tinny and echos a lot

SD hotrails are Seymour Duncan hotrails, which are pickups. There single coil sized and have a very high output. But im just assuming you have a strat style geetar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Originally posted by Giblet
    You probably could get it with a good distortion pedal, but More likely you'll get it with SD Hotrails in the bridge:)

not sure I agree with this. I think pedals have a far more dramatic effect on your sound than pickups. ie putting a metal zone in your signal path is going to be a lot more noticable than changing you pickups

Yes but then try using a single coil with your Pedal, and then try a humbucker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Thanks. And yes I have a hondo strat. It's ****. I tryed my friends the other day and did your advise and it sounds brill thanks again.

Advertisement