Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions.....

Options
  • 29-07-2002 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

question 1.
    does anyone know anything bout a band that were around dublin a few years ago called sunbear? i have a few of their songs on tape and LOVE them

question 2.
    does anyone know the name and artist of a song that was played by jack highland on saturday that starts with the lines

"im ever so lost, i cant find my way"

then has a chorus or something with the lines

" cause im still feelin lonely, feelin so unholy"

any ideas anyone?.......:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deckchair

I heard some of Sunbears music a few years ago and it was brilliant (perfect pop in the old indie sense of the word) as far as I know they were about to sign a record deal but it all went horribly wrong and scared some of them off the whole music thing. Mores the pity. I think Joe (Tenspeed Racer) would have more information on the subject if you contact him through the Tenspeed Racer website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Yeah - Sunbear were a really good band - they had an album out around 1995/1996 and an EP of sorts a couple of years after, if memory serves correct (which it sometimes does...). Haven't heard from any of them in ages, but you might get some info through Tenspeed Racer, as Mr Chair was saying. I'm fairly sure some of the guys know them.

Listen in to I-Con on Wednesday night - if I remember to bring in the album I might play a track...

P. 8-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tom E Brown

The other song was by Portishead called mysterons, and its the first track of their first album called Dummy. Well worth having in your collection. Its a bit of a dark album but I thought it was completely facinating when it first came out. They only ever did one live tour in the uk which was about 10 dates and then disapeared taking about 4 years before the next album was released. they also releases a short black and white film called to kill a dead man which featured a lot of the material as well...

As for sunbear, i cant say I have any more information that what Paul Clark has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

I saw Portishead in the SFX a few years ago. Yawn! Should have stayed at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

so in other words, getting my hands on a copy of one of sunbears cds would be completly impossible? spoot!

thanks for all the info anyway folks :)

• Advertisement

Mewzel, maybe you can buy me a drink sometime (or whatever the internet equivelant is) but here it goes. Log on to www.peoplesound.com search for Sunbear and you can buy the self titled Sunbear album using a credit card, for the excellent price of £6.99 (€8.50). Maybe we could start a Sunbear comeback it'd be great to see those guys live, I've heard they were great live. Oh and by the way the website is in German.
    Best of luck and happy listening!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

I think the song you are talking about is by Tom Waits... "Ol' 55" is the name of the song. It's fantastic.....in fact most of his stuff that I've heard is really great !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

No, it's definitely Portishead, the "Still feeling lonely" etc. is a nod to Mr Waits. I was at that Portishead gig, I really enjoyed it. Their Live NYC album is really good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Deckchair, i might just love you..... ;)

Easy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement