Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur's "Parklife" featured on this Thursday's Album Archive, 8-9pm on Phantom

Options
  • 29-07-2002 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Ahhh yes, the summer of 1994. Ireland in the World Cup, Blur all over the radio. Grand times. Parklife is often credited as the album that started the Britpop years. Much as I hate that term, the album did seem to be a springboard for a new music movement. But forget the plaudits, just listen to the songs! Blur's breakthrough album scored them 4 Top 20 hits and gave us two of the decade's finest singles. If you want to remember what it was all about, or were too young to get into it first time round, listen in to the Album Archive this Thursday at 8pm and I'll guide you safely through one of the most worn CDs in my, and thousands of others, record collection. Album versions, live version, remixes and b-sides all linked to the Parklife album.

It's got nothing to do with your Vorsprung Durch Technik, y'know!

Cheers

Rob

ps Wanna suggest an album to grace The Album Archive? Please let me know at robt@phantomfm.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Class album.

Its in my Top Ten anyway.

Advertisement