Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in OZ?

• 07-08-2001 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

What is the current state of the Australian economy for jobs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Melbournes apparently meant to be very tight these days for grabbing a lazybum job... this comes from several people who have been over in the past 6 months.

Sydneys still grand if you have any sort of experience or skills... i.e. a proper job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

very slow.
    talk to stu69, hes over there at the moment.
    he can give you a full low down
    post up what you find
    in fact, stu, just post up here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

The australian economy is in a bit of a big slump at the moment. In Sydney there are no jobs and they will not touch travelers (417 visas). Melbourne is not much better. It also really depends what kind of work you are looking for if it's IT work forget it unless you have a lot of programming exp. There is some casual labour around but its hard to find unless you know someone. I have a job in ISP Tesh support at the moment this is a big step backwards for me which took me 4 months of bombarding the agencies with cvs to get.
    I have also just heard that the Australian gov has put a block for the next 6 months on working visa as there is over 180,000 travelers from various countries over here at the moment.....

You could Check out the following to see what on offer:
    www.seek.com.au
    www.mycareer.com.au
    www.monster,com.au
    www.employment.com.au

But if your thinking of traveling over here do it man it's the best country in the world to get ****ed and i'm off next week to learn to Surf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stu_69:
    and i'm off next week to learn to Surf.</font>

and if youre not happy, will lever bro's give you your money back?

Your Imps Demand Cable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    and if youre not happy, will lever bro's give you your money back?

</font>
    No mate I only ever use Ariel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Corko

I heard a rumour that jobs in McDonalds were like gold dust. I am accountant trying to get a bit of decent experience away from Dickens style accountancy practices. I also have an IT diploma. I think – I’ll wait around until I get something half decent. I was offered a job in a prestigious accountancy practice at 14k – I’ll try & get something in a more 21st century environment.

Advertisement