Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What good films have you seen recently?

• 30-07-2002 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I personally would recommend Minority Report. Fantastic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I watched Snatch and Tremors recently on DVD. They're both pretty good.
    Last good film I saw in the cinema was Spider-Man.
    That's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I saw resident evil just over a week ago, i expected it to be panbts but was pleasently surprised.
    As for tremors, the origional was brilliant, the 2nd one sucked IMO.
    Going to see goldmember this friday tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got Training Day out on DVD over the weekend. Really enjoyed it... very good movie. (For some reason, it wasn't shown in Cinemas in Limerick). DVD has extra scenes and an alternative ending too.....

In the cinema, I saw Goldmember. Good laugh - no better or worse than the other two.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Where did you get it? Xtra-Vision won't stock it because of distributor difficulties, or so they say. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

aye i work in xtra-vision,every 5th customer or so asks for training day
    they aint stocking it in because time warner were charging to high a price
    anyway
    in the cinema last 2 i seen were minority report and goldmember
    both excellent
    and last two dvd's i got were ninja scroll and akira
    both excellent aswell
    shipment of lotr is coming in on thursday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Cinema - Minority Report was ok, lack of motive was puzzling, but for a Senor Spielbergo film it was good
    Goldmember was alright for a chuckle, in parts

Rental -
    Requiem for a Dream, seriously disturbing masterpiece. Absolutely brilliant, this should be shown to school kids to scare them off drugs, or turn them into junkies, either way. i cannot advise a film any more than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Training Day... got it in limerick, Movie Magic in Castletroy.
    Savage film.

Saw Amelie lately too, very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cinema:
    Minority Report

DVD:
    Training Day (owned)
    Appleseed (owned)

Mean Machine (rented). Well .... the football match at the end had some damn funny commentary. The rest of the film was pretty pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by RasTa
    aye i work in xtra-vision,every 5th customer or so asks for training day they aint stocking it in because time warner were charging to high a price
    I believe it was warner trouble that stopped it from getting to cinemas in Limerick too..... I hear there is some sort of dispute between the omniplex and warner. Don't know much more about it, though.....

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've only seen Ep2 (twice), Spider-Man and Minority Report in the cinema this year, all well worth going to see though.

Saw The Others on Video the other night, very good :) aswell as The Sixth Day on DVD which i thought was pretty good aswell, for an Arnie film anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The Most Fertile Man in Ireland - rented it last weekend, wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it. I especially loved the traffic warden with the very SS like uniform.

Last Cinema outing was Spiderman and I really enjoyed that.

Must go see Minority Report and Goldmember this weekend

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Let me see,
    Cool Hand Luke - classic
    Cape Fear - The orginal with Greg Peck
    Some Like It Hot - my all timne fav(have it on Vid)
    U-Turn - good film, but was slightly predicatable after a while.

Hmmz must get out to the cinema if there was ever any decent films on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Last thing I was pleased/impressed with in the cinema was probably Spiderman. Didn't like Minority Report that much for some reason.

Disappointed in the whole year on the whole - particularly as I do drag myself to the flicks an average of once a week. Must rent out Amelie (or just buy it if the 2DVD version is out - enough people say good things about it)

May rent out Training Day (thanks for letting us know that place in Castletroy has it, darthmise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Spiderman : so so
    Minority Report: yawn
    Goldmember: ****e

Donnie Darko on dvd: cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Last movie I saw in the cinema was Bad Company. It was enjoyable AND forgettable.

On DVD, recently, I've watched a number of movies (I collect 'em)... but the most recent has been Dogma. Excellent excellent excellent movie with a warped sense of humour that suits me perfectly.

Must get more Kevin Smith titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep I like most of Kevin Smiths stuff except Jay & Silent Bob Strike back. My favourites are Chasing Amy & Mallrats (ugh Stinkpalm, disgusting).

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by gandalf
    My favourites are Chasing Amy & Mallrats (ugh Stinkpalm, disgusting).

... both movies which I intend to get my hands on very soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

I liked Jay and Silent Bob and i wasn't expecting much tbh. Maybe thats why it had such an impact on me though.

Loved Mallrats, didn't like Clerks at all, haven't seen Chasing Amy or Dogma, though i was told Dogma was a bit of a dissapointment.

Got out The Last Sand Castle last night. Prison film. It started out pretty good but towards the end its sh1te.
    Starts out a bit like Shawshank Redemption, and ends more like Armageddon. Could have been so much better.

Has anyone seen Rat Race, is it funny?

And just how terrifying is Ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I thought Jay and Silent Bob was absolutely awful. It's like taking a funny one liner and spreading it across 1 1/2hours, with famous people added in.

V. disappointing seeing as his earlier films were so good.

Ring is the best. Don't expect much though, you'll think it's even better that way ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I went to see 'The Sum of all Fears' the other day, and my god is it good!?! The bit that happens in Baltimore in the middle of the film was real unexpected. Best film ive seen all summer.

Q: Is it out in Ireland yet? [im in chicago for the summer)

Originally posted by SofaKing
    The bit that happens in Baltimore in the middle of the film was real unexpected. Best film ive seen all summer.
    Unexpected if you haven't seen the trailer! :rolleyes:
    (Why did they give it away?? Sheesh....)

- Dave.

Advertisement