Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone A+????

• 30-07-2002 7:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here got Comptia A+ cert???
    I have my test soon and reckon i will pass it.

No intention of looking for a job in that field as its a hobby more than a job thing for me.

Anyone else got it and use it in their job or hobby ppl like me ????

Kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Hi Kdja,

Where are you doing your test? cost, etc and thru whom?
    I want to do this also and figure its gonna be pretty easy..

cheers,
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I was 1st quoted at £1500 to do it.
    And last week i seen it for €1700 where one of the boards ppl works.

But i did it with FAS online too for €100 and €90 for the test :)
    No clue where the test is assume its in Dun Laoghire where the FAS centre is but not sure yet.
    www.fas-netcollege.com

Same course as the €1700 one same test etc etc:

it is fairly easy but amazes me how i still get PC problems and need help with them ....LOL

thinkin of doind INET+ next same price but if i do i have to get a job in that field and i dont want to :(

Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

did the A+ about 2 years ago on the fas online thingy, ham & cheesy ....doin my mcse's at the moment, fairly tough I've done professional & now doin network infrastruture anyone here completed the coruse yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I have done A+ and mcp and I'll start doing exams as soon as I get back from my holidays, honest :p

I swear I will :eek:

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes, have done a+, net+ and server+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

its like anything really,easy if you know the answers.

I can send you some sample tests or post some Qs here.
    And you can see the type of thing they ask you.
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

Ive been looking @ this exam and got a book on A+, alor of the questions seem to be rubbish and have no bearing on moderm pc's,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Apart from having a piece of paper saying you have the certification for A+ has anyone seen a benefit employment wise? I mean has anyone who has it gone to an interview, pointed to that on their CV and have the interviewer impressed enough to give them the job?

• Advertisement

its more impotant in the states than it is over here.
    however, it is still a recognised exam.

also, if you get a+ and net+. or a+ and server+, it counts as one of your elctives if you wish to go for MCSA, so they are officially recognised by microsoft.

and no, i havent heard of anyone thats got a job from it, but then again i dont know anyone who has em.

however, more useful to do than not to have. all the questions you can get online. all you have to do is pay 100 quid for the exams.

and it is pretty easy.

and for who ever says it has no bareing on modern pcs, you are pretty much way of the mark.
    in what way do system boards, expansion slots, cpu's, networking, power and power supplies, monitors, and all that computery stuff not have anything to do with modern computers.

you are clearly on drugs. come down to earth, drink some coffee, and open up a pc sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

Personally i find the likes of MCSE and CCNA hold a lot more weight on the CV then any comptia exam.

I have 2 more exams to take to finish the windows 2000 MCSE
    I have 5 out of 6 for the NT4 MCSE (exams are gone now so i cant finish it ... Bastards)

I also recently got the Cisco CCNA cert and i will be starting a night course soon for the CCNP.

I think the A+ is a good starting point if your interested in IT certification. But employers wont be overly impressed by it , use it as more of a stepping stone , it will give you an idea of what you might be interested in.

If anyone has an questions i'l do my best to answer them

Ive been looking @ this exam and got a book on A+, alor of the questions seem to be rubbish and have no bearing on moderm pc's,

Thats a bit mad ,the technology changes quickly buts it all still goes in the same place.

the only problem i found with it was OS relevant Qs.

A lot of NT Qs and not much Linux(but will have next release)

Daveirl pm me your email ,i have loads of stuff on it.

kdja

Originally posted by kdja

Thats a bit mad ,the technology changes quickly buts it all still goes in the same place.

the only problem i found with it was OS relevant Qs.

A lot of NT Qs and not much Linux(but will have next release)

Daveirl pm me your email ,i have loads of stuff on it.

kdja

a+ is a first level hardware course.
    its not an OS course.
    not many people learn about pc hardware and linux at the same time.
    there is a linux+ course, which deals with that.

but darth homer is correct, it doesnt carry as much weight as MS exams, but its still worth doing if you are cofident of passing. better if you can get someone else to pay for it, as its dead easy.
    in fact they are all easy

Advertisement