Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Broadband (exists and works, wow!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I emailed them enquiring about the Phibsboro, Dublin 9 area, so far they havent got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

As far as i know the new technology they are testing is so that they dont require direct line of sight , with this new tech they can bounce the wireless signal.

Means more people will be able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Lads. Perhaps Leap can add to this.
    Leap acquired Formus's assets which included 4 base stations. I think Park House, RTE Donnybrook, Alexander Quay are three of them so Phibsboro should be covered by Park House. I presume they are busy acquiring more sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

doesnt look like dublin 15 is in luck here :/

i live right beside the entrance to the pheonix park in castleknock, would it reach 10miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im a little further still Palmerstown (dub 20) It would be great if i could get it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

still waiting to hear back from them about an enquiry I made yesterday about availability in Dun Laoghaire area. Anyone asked them about this and heard yes/no ? Apart from LoT who's in the Killiney area

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I sent a mail on Tuesday and got put on a helpdesk thing with no reply yet. I'm going to try ring them a an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

just got my response from Leap about availability of their service in Dun Laoghaire:
    At the moment the Leap Broadband serivce is limited to D2, 4, 6 and the surrounding areas in the city. It will be some months before we are servicing your area, however the roll out may be accelerated. We will be making announcements as and when there are significant developments in this regard.

Hope its 'accelerated' alright - i'm very interested in this service based on what people who use it have said in this thread. 24/7 unmetered broadband that works that well... I will pay €100 per month for it. Hell it costs us more per month with our 56k dialup :| and we're not always on we're clockwatching....

Even if the UK get it for less than half that price... it would still be a huge step in the right direction. Go on Leap - roll out your service!

Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Originally posted by LoBo
    just got my response from Leap about availability of their service in Dun Laoghaire:

Hope its 'accelerated' alright - i'm very interested in this service based on what people who use it have said in this thread. 24/7 unmetered broadband that works that well... I will pay €100 per month for it. Hell it costs us more per month with our 56k dialup :| and we're not always on we're clockwatching....

Even if the UK get it for less than half that price... it would still be a huge step in the right direction. Go on Leap - roll out your service!

Colm
    Yeah 512 / 512 Kb/s with no cap is awesome, but I don't know if it's worth paying €100 a month for. I guess it's ok for you, as all your family uses the net... But I live on my own atm, and I'm still on the IOL No Limits flatrate for £20/month...

The response you got seems a bit more pessimistic than the one I got :(

I encourage everyone that lives near Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey, etc to send them an email, so they see that there are alot of potential customers in the area :)

The address is sales@leap.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

B]Kiliney.[/B]

Would you trust anyone for DSL who couldn't spell where you live????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

I've just signed up, rang the guy who was very helpful & knew his stuff & they will installing @ the end of the month...... so I'l be the first person in the cabinteely area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Simple.

no silly promises made that I know of and no promises broken..........

Leap have so far seemed to do, properly, what they said they were going to and around the time when they said they would do it, not years later. This is why I started the thread.

In the vapourware heaven that is Irish Broadband this should be acknowledged as more or less a first.

They are the only game in Dublin bar €ircon and a little patch of south Dublin that has NTL Cable.

M

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They are excellent imho.

In fact, SO nice and friendly and helpful that I actually DONT want you all to get it so they they can remain my little private ISP.

They tend to do what they say they will and they are even concerned about latency issues and routing (in fact I was gobsmacked then the person I was talking to KNEW that the routing should have gone through the Inex and that its was an incorrect routing table. This was the person who answered the phone! ! ! )

Anyway, I think they are just brill because they gave me affordable broadband. God bless Leap.
    (a 50 ping in q3 to Barrysworld doesnt hurt much either :) )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

I'd Just like to say i was in contact with leap yesterday, they are extremely nice people, they do have a certain amounth of coverage on the nort of the city, in the area just accross the water. I know this because upon questioning them about the areas they were in i found out that i could in fact get the service. Not expecting this I handn't the money together to get the service at this point in time but i do hope to do so within a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

When asked when leap will be servicing dublin west (blanchardstown, castleknock, cabra, dublin 15, 7) they replied:

Charlie.
    Right now the service is available in D2, 4, and 6. It will be some time possibly the end of the year before we are servicing your area. This roll out may be accelerated however and we will be making announcements on our web site and in the media regarding the same.

regards,

Charlie.

At least is better than never :rolleyes:

/me gets isdn till then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Clondalkin D.22??

Advertisement