Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pricing Policy

• 30-07-2002 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

has anyone been offered a cheaper deal by sky, a person who I work with cancelled her sky sub and was rung up 4 weeks later and offerred her same package at a reduced price, is this a policy? has anyone ever dumped their whole package?

Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Sky do this quite often. Sometimes if you try and reduce or cancel your package they will offer you a reduction in price to try and entice you to stay on. These are usually only short term offers, e.g. 3 months at half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I just dropped down to Family Pack from Sky World. They have a set-up whereby the first operator takes your details, and your reason for dropping down; then you are put through to another, who asks you again, then reads you your last rights (so, then, I am cutting off all the Premier channels, all the Moviemax channels, Sky Sports 1,2,3 and extra, Sky Cinema and the Disney Channels).

I didn't realise you got cut off straight away - I'd expected a Chorus-type rresponse - i.e. 'you need to give us one months notice, taken from the start of the month following the end of the current period, which you just missed out on - so, we can cut you off on 23rd November, if thats okay'.

I told them they were getting too expensive ... I wonder will there be a call back?

Interesting.
    I know of three people cancelling their sky subs completely, they were on movieworld,going up to €53 in September.

€636 is a massive amount for television that has so many channels, it hard to get value by watching enough.
    NTL go digital is now the best value in town for those that can have it and I hope they wipe the floor with Sky:)

I am also leaving them completely when the current month runs out as I'm fed up with them.
    one or two dvd's a week and a BBC card is fine for me.
    So thats €2,500 p.a they will be down that I know of :)

mm

Advertisement