Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 all time tallest drummers

Options
  • 30-07-2002 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

while we are talking about top 10 of all things musical, i was wondering if anyone could give me a list of their all time 10 ten tallest drummers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Nicko Mc Brain
    "Brain" from Primus
    Dave Abbruzzesse - Pearl Jam.

They were all quite tall. How about yours WWM?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im still formulating, but jon bohnam was quiet tall

John Bonham was a short git. Jesus do you even know your drummers. FS. Dave Abruzzesse is much taller anyday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

clive burr looks lanky

is gene hoglan 6 6" or something ?? or maybe its just that hes a fat bastid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Isnt the tallest drummers a hard fact rather than open for discussion?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    John Bonham was a short git. Jesus do you even know your drummers. FS. Dave Abruzzesse is much taller anyday :rolleyes:

i meant when he was siting at his kit.
    he had a very tall stool.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Off-topic for a moment

WWM - did you get to see Suicidal, if so was it everything you expected?

dont mention a thing.

just ever time you post to shinji, tell him ST are brilliant and its a shame he forgot to buy tickets....

we are not amused....

/me wanders of to get ST tattoo removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

dear god tell me it aint so...........:(

ok shinji is now going to get a flaming muppet card everytime I see his posts!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Adrian Erraldson - At The Gates/The Haunted/Cradle Of Filth

Fecking big as an oak!
    When I met the guy, had to look up at him.
    And I'm a pretty damn big guy myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

One of Spinal Tap's drummer was rather tall, I can't remember off-hand which one though :)

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

i meant when he was siting at his kit.
    he had a very tall stool.....

I see.... fair enough.

On another note, I can't believe people are actually taking part in this discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Matt Cameron (Temple of the Dog / Pearl Jam) is quite a tall fella as is Eric Kretz from Stone Temple Pilots :)

Originally posted by 80project
    Matt Cameron (Temple of the Dog / Pearl Jam) is quite a tall fella as is Eric Kretz from Stone Temple Pilots :)

Eric Kretz is only about 5' 10" which I'd really only consider medium height. Then again that's just my opinion. What do you consider tall?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

John "Stumpy" Pepys was one of the Taps taller drummers. He wasn't from Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Mick Fleetwood definitely has to be in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Eric Kretz is only about 5' 10" which I'd really only consider medium height. Then again that's just my opinion. What do you consider tall?

Well that is above average technically, but I'm 6' 2'' and I dont consider myself tall !

He prolly looks taller than he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

John Coughlan, the original drummer with Status Quo, was quite tall, over 6 feet anyway. Then, as "the Quo" started having increasingly shyte hit singles (from "Rockin' All Over The World" onwards...) he felt his big drumming heart wasn't in it anymore. So, Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt kicked him out and over the years have replaced him with not one, but three mullet-friendly shortarses of dubious drumming merit.

Coughlan, a damn good drummer in his day it has to be said, can currently be found touring some of Ireland's poxiest hotel's and country towns, as evident by his forthcoming appearance in the Park House Hotel Edgeworthstown, Co Longford this Sunday night, August 4th.

Comments about how sad I am that I know all this are (predictably) welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Lars Ulrich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Only messing> he is probably one of the smallest;)

Originally posted by 80project

Well that is above average technically, but I'm 6' 2'' and I dont consider myself tall !

He prolly looks taller than he is.

I'm 5' 11" which I consider medium height! A tall drummer I'd have to say should be over 6' 2"\6' 3"

How about that female drummer Lenny Kravitz has, I reckon she looks fairly tall, never did catch her name though?

Or Phil Collins :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

She was quite tall wasn't she? And she' s the tiny baps to prove that it's not just a camera trick in making short-arses seem tall on the box.

nother tall drummer was Bill Ward of Black Sabbath although I think the years of alcohol and drug abuse have made him shrink in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

How about that female drummer Lenny Kravitz has, I reckon she looks fairly tall, never did catch her name though?

Thats Carla from cheers isnt it?

Originally posted by Dustaz

Thats Carla from cheers isnt it?

U takin the píss?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement