Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get mp3's now???

• 30-07-2002 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

ahhhhh. i've finally got a decent internet connection again, but now that audiogalaxy's gone, i cant seem to find a decent file sharing app.
    where does everyone else go for their mp3's now?
    (and don't even think about mentioning google)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

Kazaa lite is still going strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

u the dadda, i'll check em out tomorrow

There all sites though , right ?

use Kazaa lite , its p2p and has everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I'm a big fan Morpheus fan myself...

Great little program...

• Advertisement

Kazaa lite is the same as Morpheus except it has no spyware , adds and banners etc etc

is the selection on kazaa lite any different to kazaa media desktop?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

www.winmx.com is good, but its hard becuase there're many ques :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

At the end of the day most of the clients you've mentioned all connect to the Gnutella network. Personally I don't like how the system works, but it makes it a biatch for the powers that be, shut it down.

Twas easy for Napster, all they had to do is shutdown, the central filename servers. Anyway, I know I've given this link before but www.zeropaid.com has all the various Gnutella clients (such as WinMX, Kazaa, etc) to download.

I think the filesharing system has gone to pants, TBH. I am probably able to get 1/100 new tunes I hear every fortnight. With audiogalaxy I was able to get about 70% of what I wanted.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Try www.soulseek.org its all mainly dance music and its very handy if your behind a proxy firewall.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Right, I hope this will be a quick one, coz Im pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but can the latest version of Kazaa run without the spyware.

I was using Blubster (it's crap for me, but my younger brother likes it, go figure). I used to use Kazaa, then I found out about the spies, and said to hell with that. Now I'm crawling back because I think it's my best option since WinMX & AG are gone. But I just installed the most recent version, and ran Ad-Aware on my disk to see what it would find. It found Gator, and a dll called Cydoor.dll (2 copies actually). No reg entries, just these files. So I got Ad-Aware to throw them out, and hey presto when I went to kickstart my copy of Kazaa, it tells me that they are needed, and that I must install Kazaa again, if I want to use it.

Pants :mad:

what do you suggest?

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by phobos
    snip
    Kazaa lite(although I've gone totally off it) or DC++ http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcplusplus/
    Oh and Morpheus is no longer just a repackaged Kazaa, and hasnt been for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

personally i use soulseek, it was designed for mp3s only and doesn't come with any gator ****e and seems to be the main place AG users have migrated to... resuming isn't as good as AG but as far as music selection goes I've got everything I want from it so far without problem.

get it at www.slsk.org (soulseek.org is dead afaik)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by phobos

what do you suggest?

;-phobos-)

Phobos , as has been suggested X1000000 on this thread, use kazaa lite instead. It doesnt install gator and it tells you how to put in a dummy cydoor.dll (which kazaa wants).

The reasons your install of kazaa didnt work was because you deleted those dll's which kazaa needs to work (well, it doesnt NEED them but it wants them to spy on you:P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

for dance music nothing beats soulseek http://www.slsk.org

i used soulseek a couple of times, and it seemed pretty good. but now whenever i try to use it there are no servers to choose from.
    anyone know what the story is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeah you need to go to http://www.slsk.org thats their new address, and download the new software

yup, that's the problem alright:rolleyes:
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

any of the major irc networks. the undernet , EFnet etc. there is any amount of mp3's :)

Advertisement