Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames On Saturday

• 30-07-2002 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Just wondering did anyone see the Frames gig that was on on Saturday....

Best gig of my life...

When he played that tape from Mic Christopher a friend of mine started to cry her eyes out....

they even managed to incorporate a Kraftwork song into their set!

And to top it all off.....he played Heyday and invited the crowd on stage...

Truely amazing....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I was there and I thought they were unpardonably rubbish. The whiny voice, the bland lyrics, the derivative tunes. Ugh. Hard to pick a low point cos there were so many, but I'd go for the ham fisted pantomime like stab at mustang sally. I still don't know what it is about the frames that inspires such fanatical devotion among music fans here but I guess it's something to do with the national tradition of worshipping mediocrity.

Whoever came up with the idea of dividing the crowd in two should be shot.

The Dirty Three were far more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Did The Frames and The Dirty Three do anything together on stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ive seen them a few times... the set never changed.. it was very disappointing... they did the same fade out of their song and into a pixies one each time... i mean jeez where's the ****ing spontaneity? needless to say i wont be wasting my money again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Originally posted by darthmise
    Did The Frames and The Dirty Three do anything together on stage?
    I think the violin player might have joined them onstage near the end but I was very very drunk by then so I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Originally posted by Seraphina
    ive seen them a few times... the set never changed.. it was very disappointing... they did the same fade out of their song and into a pixies one each time... i mean jeez where's the ****ing spontaneity? needless to say i wont be wasting my money again.

That rubbish.
    Their playlist is always a bit different. What do you want 20 completely differnet songs everytime?

Tell me who you have seen that you would hold as a fine example of being 'spontaneous' so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

It was a good gig, but it wasn't even the best I saw that weekend. Buddy Guy the previous night was amazing! although I have never seen him before and I've seen the frames a pile of times at this stage. The stage invasion and heyday at the end was class though.

As for that tape recording. It really didn't sound like Mic Christopher, are you sure it was him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ok sorry, the playlist was a BIT different, but very similar, and if they're playing in dublin so much, they have to know that alot of fans would come and see them more than once.. so why cant they vary their songs a bit more? they have plently of them, 4 albums, not like their short on songs to play. i just thought it was a little silly when they did the same cover song like 3 times, i mean the point about covers is that you can do whatever you want, so why the same one 3 times?
    i mean i'm not saying they're crap( ok so i did, but i didn't really mean it) i'm just saying they could put a little more imagination into their setlists.

Advertisement