Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nixers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Reliable, flexible PC/IT support person required, part time contract, potentially forever!

Contact Geoff Moore
    Straight Forward Solutions Ltd
    Maynooth Road, Prosperous, Kildare, Ireland
    Phone: +353 (0)45 892739
    Fax: +353 (0)45 893880
    Email: geoffm@straight-forward.com

Reference NIX16972
    Date posted 2001-08-25
    Payment Your rates apply (but if you don't do the job you won't get paid!)
    Location Citywest, Any region, Ireland
    Description Anybody in the Saggart/Tallaght/City West area interested in a tech support contract?

Needs someone RELIABLE to provide network and PC tech support on a variety of Windows and DOS based applications from a variety of vendors running on something like 20 or 30 machines of all vintages.

Needs someone who's willing to do the usual day to day stuff (moving PCs, installing new PCs, setting up and looking after the network, sorting
    people's access and printing problems etc), as well as all the organisational stuff that goes with looking after a corporate network in a company with no IT knowledge or in house expertise.

You need to be happy working as the intermediary between the various equipment and software vendors who have equipment on this site to
    make sure that problems get sorted quickly, so the job doesn't suit a buck passer or a techno-snob.

You WILL find yourself crawling around the floor of the comms room from time to time, and you WILL be asked to fix problems on equipment you've never seen before in your life from time to time!

The position would suit someone local with transport as you would need to be "on call" to some extent.

The client is very reliable, loyal when you do a good job and is continuing to expand in an industry which is not really effected by the global slowdown.

Anyone interested please forward your CV along with a brief note explaining what appeals to you about the sound of this post.

Send this job to a friend Go back to list of jobs

Apply for this job
    Cover Note Tips:-
    1. State your relevant experience
    2. State your availability.
    3. State whether or not you have a work permit
    4. State your salary expectations

Name
    Phone
    Email
    Job Alert Please tell me about future vacancies from this company

CV

Either - attach a CV from your computer
    Hint: Include your name in the filename e.g. DustinHoffman2001.doc
    Or - Build a Nixers CV
    Or - retrieve a Nixers CV username: password:

Send this job to a friend

Friend's name:
    Friend's email:
    Your name:
    Your email:
    Note (optional):

Send this job to a friend Go back to list of jobs

all, that is a seriously cool site. nice one.
    the above is taken from it. i know a lot of people want to get into IT; heres a f*ckin great opertunity to , well, do just about everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yeah I saw that one meself, bloody cool alright. Some of my friends who are jobless grads, and would be suited, dont have transport. I suppose if the pay was good enough, you could invest in a Fester van or something tho... need to talk to them and see

Excellent site...

Al.

Advertisement