Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting nervous

Options
  • 30-07-2002 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Is anyone else feeling the same?? August 14th is the big day, and i'll be away(in spain) i've been starting to be getting nervous since start of last week, don't know why. Any good cures????!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'm not that bothered at the moment, the courses i am going for don't need too many points anyway. I think my nerve will crack when i get a little closer to exam result day

All i need to do is beat the boy wonder SerialKiller and i'll be happy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭the real ego

i cant wait, i dont think i did ****, but i just cant wait to get it out of the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Im curious to find out how I did, in much the same way as I was curious before the Junior cert results, wouldn't say I'm nervous, more looking forward to it :).

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

All I can say is I hope they go easy on the marking. I don't think I did well in Accounting at all. Maths was pretty poor too. :o

I think I done well enough in the rest. I done a hell of alot of writing in all the other subjects, most of it I think made sense. But then I thought that in the pre's and didn't do as well as I thought I would.

All I can say, from my Junior Cert experience is expect the worst. Then when you exceed your expectations you'll feel a great release at the end of it all... Oh the joy of that night!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I haven't really thought about it all summer. Whats the point of getting nervous anyway, it won't change anything. I suppose I am looking forward to getting them, get things out of the way and get on with life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

How do you get the results ? Like I will probably be up at the crack of dawn and I'll want to get them then!

What time are they released at ? Who gets them first ? (post, school. interweb etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

I have to get something like over 545 to do media/journalisim in trinity i think i did ok in maths and english i hope they do go easy on the marking :o

You were given out bit of paper with PIN code on it and the number to ring on results day too

• Advertisement

What did it come on ? I still aint payed for the leaving (actually best do that asap :)). Was that what it came on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Your school should have given you the letter - we got it on the last day of the exams.

I'm nervous, i'd love to be able to say that I got what I wanted but I guess i'm afraid of chancing fate and all that, but I really and turely hope i do - i got more in my mocks :)

<< Fio >>

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thought everyplace wasn't allow to reveal to results to the students until after 12 noon?
    The same time as the phone lines etc..
    I can't go in and get mine until 12:30, and counting delays and that, it'l be around 1pm I get mine, so I'm gona check them on the web first before I go in..

Yeah can you imagine going into school first and some teacher that hated you gives ya your results. They would so play with your head. Well thats what I'd do anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by RASKOLNIKOV
    All i need to do is beat the boy wonder SerialKiller and i'll be happy :p

OI! fo bitch , and i had surgery there last week so i can't work at all this week so far too much time to think about these bloddy results - poxy yokes doing my head in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I thought it was August 15th...

/me shrugs

Im Johnny-who-gives-a-fu<k about this, tbh.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

am looking forward to it :)

Originally posted by Serialkiller

OI! fo bitch , and i had surgery there last week so i can't work at all this week so far too much time to think about these bloddy results - poxy yokes doing my head in now.

Hehe, well some of us have nothing to be worried about, it's good to see your nerve begin to crack though :D

I hope that surgery won't be getting in the way of any major drinking this weekend either

Hehe, well some of us have nothing to be worried about, it's good to see your nerve begin to crack though

I hope that surgery won't be getting in the way of any major drinking this weekend either
    1. My nerve doesn't crack
    2. It might get in the way of drinking this weekend but certainly not next wednesday.....don't care if i'm stoned on (perscribed)drug's i'm still getting pissed
    3.Some of us have nothing to be worried about?....if i recall my saftey barrier is larger than yours :)...all i bloddy care about is my ****ing 100% in physics :p

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I am so going to throw up.
    Couldn't even open my junior results. I need a life. Please help me.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

if i recall my saftey barrier is larger than yours :)...a

And Cócky Bast€rd was his name-o

Ah now drake he started it!!!! :)

1. My nerve doesn't crack
    2. It might get in the way of drinking this weekend but certainly not next wednesday.....don't care if i'm stoned on (perscribed)drug's i'm still getting pissed
    3.Some of us have nothing to be worried about?....if i recall my saftey barrier is larger than yours :)...all i bloddy care about is my ****ing 100% in physics :p

Either way i am going to be polluted getting my results, if i don't do so good i'll have a can of diesel handy to burn the school down. If i do well? I'll be off the pub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

I lost my PIN days after recieving it, so its back to the old pee-pee soaked heck hole fer me!

It's odd, i was absolutely fine up until a a few days ago. I was actually a bit excited to see what fruits i might reap of all my hard work :), plus I got 80 more points than i needed in my mocks for the course i wanted, so I'm not in danger of falling short. I say "until a few days ago" because on Wedn. night or summat i had 3 awful dreams about getting my results, I dreamt i fell 200 points short and that i failed loads of subjects and that I would have to repeat and sorts of poo. Which I know is ridiculous, but it has put some fears in my head now :P Dam night demons!

All in all, im cool, and as Dave has said:
    Whats the point of getting nervous anyway, it won't change anything. I suppose I am looking forward to getting them, get things out of the way and get on with life.

Gl and relax to all expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Qualm
    I say "until a few days ago" because on Wedn. night or summat i had 3 awful dreams about getting my results, I dreamt i fell 200 points short and that i failed loads of subjects and that I would have to repeat and sorts of poo. Which I know is ridiculous, but it has put some fears in my head now :P Dam night demons!

Know the feeling!

I got about 35 points more in my mocks than i need now (although then i was doing a different course and had over 150 than i needed) but i had a dream that i got 7 in Maths and 5 in Economics (my 2 best subjects!) - and 135 points in all. rather ick really.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

take it easy and relax

Having a dream about bad results is the norm for LC students.
    You can`t be blamed for not worrying, but just take it easy on wednesday, go there early or late(avoid the rush), go to some quite place then open your results.

Hope everyone does really well(except some of the smug gits i recall after the LC was over and where posting "ahh easy 500 points no prob etc.")

I'm really worried about the going out night! Like imagine you got bad points, fine its not the end of the world but it will ruin your night!

Is it wrong to have that attitude ? I wouldnt think that I danced my way to the points I need either and I think I ****ed maths up. I reckon though I've accepted the fact that there is **** all I can do and I always have the option for a PLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've had 3 dreams about the LC in total, all around the time it happened.

One at the start, which was pretty uneventful. One in the middle where I dreamt I did an English paper really well and realised as soon as I left the exam hall that I'd forgotten to do half the questions, which was really nasty. And the third one was just after it finished, I dreamt that it was the day before it started and I still hadn't started studying, and I couldn't shake the feeling for ages after I woke up.

My point is, I've had some dreams about the LC, and I suppose it was a little stressful at the time, but I haven't even thought about the results yet, apart from wondering in idle curiosity how I did. There's a reason for this, and that reason is that it's completely out of my hands now, it's all done and dusted, I've done the exams, there's nothing I can do to affect the outcome now, and so there's absolutely no point in worrying about it. I think my mother is probably more concerned about the results than I am, which makes me glad I'm in a different country or she'd be driving me up the walls around now :).

Actually, thinking about it, that'd be the worst thing about getting bad results, having friends and family trying to console me about it, parents being disappointed with the results but trying to put a brave face on, realising that I was never going to get to do what I wanted because I fell short by 10 points, 10 points I could have gotten if only I put a little more effort into one of my subjects the night before, being doomed to do menial sh!te for the rest of my life, earning €20k a year when I'm 40 doing said menial sh!te and resolving to live out the rest of my boring life like a good prole, even though the prospect of dying does start to look more and more appealing....... those kind of things.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

You really are an evil bastard.

Suppose nothing could be worse than my math mock where I forgot to do one of the questions.

Advertisement