Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best agency for office temps?

• 21-08-2001 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Got a friend looking for office work, and figure the best way in is through temping. What's the best agency? Oh, she's Chinese, by the way, so it needs not to be racist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fand:
    Got a friend looking for office work, and figure the best way in is through temping. What's the best agency?</font>

try http://www.lacreme.ie/

Insane - Am I the only mutha****er with a brain?
    I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

Thanks, decob.

Thanks, decob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sadie

www.cpl.ie is pretty good too - well worth checking out - I have been getting people from there for my office, the gang in cpl seem pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭jamiecake

marlbourgh on grafton,aslo if your friend is temping the evening hearld always have good stuff g'luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

See others experience of agencies at: http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum4/HTML/000245.html

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

Thanks, I've passed on the word. And [yikes] the warnings on unscrupulous agencies, since she's not in a position to crib if she's not paid enough or on time.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fand:
    Thanks, I've passed on the word. And [yikes] the warnings on unscrupulous agencies, since she's not in a position to crib if she's not paid enough or on time. </font>

Does your friend have a work visa? If she does, she is entitled to every protection that any other worker is entitled to. See today's Irish Times

If you find any agency acting in an improper manner you can make a complaint to the Department of Entreprise and Employment. Ultimately these agencies needs a licence to operate and woe betide any agency acting improperly (give me their address and I'll burn them down wink.gif ).

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 03-09-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Try, www.chandler.ie based in Blackrock, south Dublin

Victor - yeah, right. If you don't want to work again, of course you can complain the agency that gets you work to the authorities.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:
    give me their address and I'll burn them down</font>

Really tempted. Oh yeah and I have the excuse of mental instability.

Advertisement