Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustek Digicam on Komplett

• 31-07-2002 12:32am
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Just looking at this weeks special offers and one of them is a Mustek digital camera at just €67 (74 incl p+p)
    Product type: Digital Camera, Digital Camcorder & PC Camera
    Resolution: 1600 x1200 (by software enhancement)
    1208 x960
    640 x 480
    Image sensor: 1.3M pixels CMOS sensor
    Memory: 16MB SDRAM
    Video clip: 320 x 240; 90 second/clip
    Lens: F/2.8 (Macro/Normal switch)
    Interface: USB
    Video frame rate: 15 fps (VGA)
    Self timer : 10 seconds delay
    Shutter speed: 1/15 ~ 1/4000 second
    Battery: Lithium Ion polymer batter, charger inside
    Dimension: 69 mm x 47 mm x 11 mm
    Weight: 40 g

Would it be worth getting? It's 1.3 megapixel but is 2.1 megapixel using software enhancement whatever that means?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I just bought that there now, for 70 euro its worth the risk, although theres no flash(afaik)

By software res it means that you open your pic in Paint(photoshop etc.) and increase the picture size to 1600 x1200. I just want it for web pictures so i`d be reducing the size to 640*480 anyway.

I also bought a silver Matrix Midi Case.

I`ll let you know on the cam quality when i get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Let me know too. I'm interested in something cheap n'cheerful. Shame about the flash.

Bit worried about the bit that says 'good for taking close up pictures' on the website.

Which means bacically that it will br poor outside, but should be good for quick snaps of the aul PC etc.

Anyone know about shipping from komplett i order today(wed@1pm) and need it for Sunday and i`m using the DHL delivery, do the deliver on saturdays.

I`m getting this case as well.

I've gotten stuff off them before. Expect it tomorrow if you're lucky, but probably friday morning. I would say that there is no chance you won't have it friday if it's in stock. They really are that good.

Good stuff, now all i need to do is stop trying to max out my brothers credit card, i was looking at ocUK and KustomPc`s but went for Komplett because of all the good things i`ve been hearing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can digicameras take good pics in dull areas without need for the flash (unlike ordinary cameras which would turn pics out black and blurry without flash)

Well Baz, did you get the camera yet ?

not yet but according to dhl it is in transit and was last seen in Dublin(via UK) that was this morning so i`m hoping to have it by noon.

Just to annoy me a UPS van pulled up outside work yesterday for ages and a Courier Van pulled up earlier this morning.

grrrrr.

I`ll post full info on the cam once i get hold of it and will do a full Hello Magazine style review of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

ì was looking at that very camera over the last few days, couldnt find a review of it around tho
    id be interested in finding out what its like alright

There seems to be a damn couriers convention here:rolleyes: , every few mins a SDL or UPS van will roll up and stare in at me.

hmmm waiting for DHL, i also couldn`t find a review(English) anywhere so will be interested to see, for 70 bucks i`m not expecting a lot but in theory the cam is ok(ish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Anyone know the model?

Maybe it's this one

its this one here

ok sports fans, the dhl guy rang me and said its gonna be around 2.30 when he delivers, so until then i`ll be waiting with baited breath etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a sample picture http://www.pcphotoreview.com/GALPhoto_57326crx.aspx

All I could find on the camera.

The lespion(lesbian!!) one seems to be getting great reviews as well.Any one know if theres anyone retailing them over here.

Well i got the camera earlier but had some trouble with my mobo and the new case that i`m gonna take an early night and will do the full feature on the cam tommorrow. First impressions of the cam is that jaysis its small, length of credit card width of finger or so.

Didn`t get to take any decent pics as you have to charge it first(3 hours), picture is ok but seems a little fuzzy, you have to see this cam in real life to understand the size of it, it`s more a spy cam than what i expected.

Havent messed around with the video features yet but as i said i will saturday.

I took a couple of snaps and the out door pics cam up better than indoor ones and has a distance of around 50m or so.

So far i like it as i would just be using it for the odd web pic or email pic etc. and would be compressing the balls outta it anyway.

Need sleep more news 2m...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

http://www.aiptek.com/products/digital/mini.htm

I've searched everwhere on the net but I can't get it shipped to Ireland. And its not available in the UK.
    None of the US suppliers that stock it will ship international.
    Anyone know where it can be got in Ireland?

Can you post up one of the pics Baz ? So would you recommend it or not ?

half an hour full review for everyone

I`m quite busy at work here today so i havent got half the use of the cam that i hoped for but heres some info i got.

36 High Rez
    54 Med Rez
    216 Low Rez
    around 3 minutes of video(avi format)

Timer Function as well

Easier to use the Camera Console on the pc to delete images and stuff although it can be done on the cam.

First Effort of some pics: www.pcirl.com/cam and are taken in highest rez

pics where reduced to 800*600 and are around 80k in size(with some more time i`s compress them proper.

Seeing as there is no flash this cam works well in well lit(sp?) areas as you can see from the couple of pics i took out side.

Over all i`m happy with the cam, i mean its like only 70 euro and has enough features to keep me interested(3 min vid etc.)

Also i like the fact that its small and has no battery(charges by USB)

Accordinging to the manual( very short~1 to 2 pages) the cam goes for one hour taking pics and ages on standby.

More info will come as i get used to it.

As for weither to buy it or not heres the pros and cons.

Pros:

Cheap
    Small+Light
    No Battery~USB recharge
    Pics arent Bad at all.
    Easy to Use
    Can be used as a web cam and takes video
    16meg Memory

Cons
    No Flash
    You have to keep it really steady
    Wont give a decent pic in poorly lit areas.
    No Focus/gadgetry
    No viewfinder

Forgot to mention but theres plenty of software included as well and is XP compat as well.

Ulead COOL 360
    Ulead Photo Express 4.0 My Custom Edition
    Ulead Photo Explorer 6.0
    and the actual Camera Console which is good and easy to use.

Overall the cam is 70 euro ffs, and is damn handy to use, if you where to buy a web cam it would be around the 50 mark, it takes video as well(which i`ll post up if anyone has high speed access)
    Its a cool little camera, camera buffs wont like it as its point and click but for what i want it for its top notch.

Having used the cam over the weekend i can confirm that for the price it is absolut class, i`m very happy with it so far.

Also well plyd to anyone who bought the cam last week as the price is now €90 - http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&AvdID=1&p=23985&s=ut&CatID=14&GrpID=1

Its pretty clear image quality for a cheapo cam as well.

1_0018.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Not a bad pic... anyway that case is great... i have the black one...

Can i ask you though.. is your psu very loud?

• Advertisement

PSU is the 360w one is very quite, are you having probs with yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Originally posted by bricks
    http://www.aiptek.com/products/digital/mini.htm

I've searched everwhere on the net but I can't get it shipped to Ireland. And its not available in the UK.
    None of the US suppliers that stock it will ship international.
    Anyone know where it can be got in Ireland?

I've seen this cam in action, while i was in holland, a dutch friend showed me some pics taken by it, alot better pic quality especially at high resolution than the Mustek at komplett, though it has similar features, but still great for the price.
    The aiptek cam is popular in states but not widely available in euroland somehow :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

me just ordered 1!

im kickin myself cos i didnt order last week, it mustve been a mistake on the website or something (the way it was only 70 eur)

hmmm.. im really happy with it! had me amused all day..
    it must be said that the lack of flash means at night, you can only get piss poor photos.
    having said that, the resolution is great when u take pictures in the correct light.
    the video function is great too. u get about 4 mins .avi (low res but still kinda cool).

u can also record video at 640x480 when its connected to your computer (low frame rate) .

im happy with it.

Good man wiensta, its an real bargain at 70(or indeed 90), the video quality is pretty good as well. You can compress those avi files easily as well(divX anyone)

You guys really shoulda ordered it when i done my mini review of it.

yea its a pity it doesnt compress straight to divx, or even MPEG, cos given the fairly big memory it has (16mb) there couldve been more video space.
    anyway not to worry, I still find myself NEVER using up all the memory, which is the opposite with analogue cameras, where I run out of film just when I need it.
    btw bazH: you should only take pics using the medium quality function cos the high quality is just an enlarged medium quality and technically is not more detailed (maybe you already figured this out). I dunno why they bothered having that High quality function...
    maybe for ppl who havent got a clue about image editing.
    Like that idiot with the beird who presents that god-awful program on RTE about digital photography on saturday mornings..he should be shot!

yeah i noticed that, but i compress it down to around 640*480 anyway.

The avi video is ideal really as its raw avi and many things can be done with it.

I find that because there`s no flash it improves my ability on positioning and lighting for taking pics.

the avi isnt actually raw, its compresses by some codec called "sunplus", youll see it in the list of available codecs when your compressing.

Advertisement