Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Out On A Voodoo 3

• 31-07-2002 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

My friend owns a packard bell pc tis bout 2 years old p3 win 98 his gfx card has a tv out port however for some odd reason it isnt exactly working so i`ve a few questions
    • What sort of cable do you need to use?

I tried using normal coax however it wont really connect to the port securely with the normal connection

• what pal setting?

not sure what to set it at just used the default pal one

thx in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

I have a voodoo 3500 with tv out.
    Make sure you install the eu drivers as opposed to the us drivers.You need a composite tv cable also known as a svhs cable.This then connects to the back of your tv via scart or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

where bouts would i get the eu drivers also where could i get my hands on one of those cables??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Composite and SVHS/SVideo are 2 totally different connection types. You can pick up either in any decent electronics/AV shop. SVHs is better if your TV can take it, it will plug directly into the V3 (ie. Bypass the dongle). Composite is more common and requires the use of the Yellow-tipped converter than came with the Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

You can buy them from any TV Shop.

The must have AV at each end.

Connect them to the Output on the I/O Pod of the Voodoo3500

If you have a playstation2 you can use the AV Connector
    that comes with it to hook up the cables to the TV
    If you dont you will have to buy one as well.

Ireland Video Standard is PAL -I
    Configure in 3Dfx Tools.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement