Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you probably already know but ... gemma

Options
  • 31-07-2002 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Gemma Hayes has been nominated for this year’s Mercury Music Prize for her debut album Night On My Side.

Gemma Hayes released her new single “Let A Good Thing Go” on Friday last 26th July. Gemma who is currently on tour in the UK (many of the shows now sold out), will be heading home to Ireland in September for a number of live dates.

The album was produced by Gemma Hayes with David Odlum and Dave Fridmann (Sparklehorse, Mercury Rev, Flaming Lips,...), and mixed by Mark “Spike” Stent (Massive Attack, Bjork...).

Full list of nominees
    Who I Am - Beverley Knight
    Sunshine, Hit Me - The Bees
    The Coral - The Coral
    Heathen - David Bowie
    The Last Broadcast - Doves
    Holes In The Wall - Electric Soft Parade
    Night On My Side - Gemma Hayes
    Soundtrack - Guy Barker
    Play - Joanna MacGregor
    A Little Deeper - Ms Dynamite
    Run Come Save Me - Roots Manuva
    Original Pirate Material - The Streets.

alison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Congrats to Gemma, I'm thrilled for her. I hope she sells bucketloads more records and WINS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Its a class album and deserves recognition

Advertisement