Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 SP3

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

16:22:27 (752.29 KB/s) - `w2ksp3.exe' saved [130978672/130978672]

Third level education is a wonderful thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭lynchie

Can't really beat that but not far off it!!

Haven't installed it yet. Ill wait till tomorrow to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Jaysus, its a bit big isn't it ? :)

I think I'll wait till i'm back in college to download that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Any info as to what it actually does? or is it just a release of all the security fixes since sp2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

(2.38 MB/s) - `w2ksp3.exe' saved [130978672/130978672]

ph33r :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, a whole nights downloading. Looks like a trip out to UL in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

the whole shebang in 3 mins 27 seconds. :)

call into college in the morning and pick it up - go on OpenBSD server :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Aren't you all great with your downloading it in under 3 minutes ? We'll give you a special award at the Boards Awards event, "fastest connection but penis still microscopic "

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

124 MB ... FFS.... These sp's are getting unreal. It would be better if they supplied one sp for professional and one for server

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

BTW, yellum.. LOOOOOOOOOOL

funiest signature i've seen in a good while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me gives Mord a 10

*Noobles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

To translate = I have more bandwidth than you to make up for the small size of my penis :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Enough with the bloody pipe comparisons!!!
    Originally posted by Dustaz
    Any info as to what it actually does? or is it just a release of all the security fixes since sp2?

well? someone wanna post the readme or are you too busy admiring your large pipes?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Once they leave college and enter the real world of 56k they can kiss goodbye to those fat pipes !!:)

Also is it worth getting !!
    What da heck extra does it do over sp2 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Someone quote the figure for the download time on a 56k modem:).

Basically the 124 meg file is for coperates who want all of the stuff together in one handy file. If you wait a few days you can use windowsupdate and it'll let you have only what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

(@MiCr0|Home): Operating System: /Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 3 (5.0 - 2195)\ º Installed: /2K was installed 48wks 6days 5hrs 44mins 42secs ago, to C:\WINDOWS\ º Uptime: /23h 36m 31s\

Originally posted by bricks
    Someone quote the figure for the download time on a 56k modem:).

Seems to be giving me an estimate of 6h25 @ 5.5KB/s

Not too bad I suppose

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bricks
    Basically the 124 meg file is for coperates who want all of the stuff together in one handy file. If you wait a few days you can use windowsupdate and it'll let you have only what you need.

Handy to have the one big file around if
    a) you have more than one system
    or
    b)you ever envisage doing a reinstall and don't want to download the "only what you need" stuff again

Some magazine cover CD will have it in about two months at a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Downloaded it there myself, havent installed it yet as i`m still looking for the leaked xp_SP :confused:

sceptre you`re bound to know someone who has a big juciy net connection to get it for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

SP3 is can be downloaded using the express installer thats up now. It's 22mb for w2kpro which is a little better for those without fast connections. Downloaded and installed no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

afaik every interim patch now will be titled as SP4, until SP4 itself is released, after whcih every new acth will be called Sp5 and so on...

Originally posted by SyxPak
    afaik every interim patch now will be titled as SP4, until SP4 itself is released, after whcih every new acth will be called Sp5 and so on...

Big move towards persuading people to use windowsupdate regularly rather than a big SP every 18 months then.

Makes sense from a certain perspective - many people only update when there actually is a service pack out. On the other hand, some will think "well, that's service pack 4 installed then, I'm sorted"

Based on Microsoft's record with the never released SP7 for NT, SP4 may never see the light of day in any case (though I suppose on a server level, win2k is still the current product).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

first thing you do after installation is go start/settings/control panel and open automatic updates.disable that little ****er.

Advertisement