Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finalized CDs?

• 31-07-2002 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there any utility or tool to easily determine if a CDR has been finalized or not ??

I've noticed that CDs that aren't finalized cannot be read in some CD-ROM drives.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've just done a quick google and there does'nt seem to be anything out there, I guess you'll just have to suck-it-and-see.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd guess that Nero should be able to tell you (click Recorder--> Medium Info (Ctrl+I if shortcut is handier)) - if it says "Read-only" (top left of popup box), it's finalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks, sceptre.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Ditto for EASY-CD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Easy CD is wánk, plain and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Is that your considered technical opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd say that he must have had some bad experience with it. As have I in fact, I'd recommend nero over it any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Only cd`s that have been finalised can be read in most audio cd players, so before you can listen to the audio cd it has to be finalised, oh and btw stick to NERO as Easy CD doesn`t give any real control over the cd, and is the reason i have loadsa shiny coasters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Nero is the daddy and is the best for general purpose CD burning. CloneCD is good for just straight CD copying.

EasyCD, well thats for the kiddies I'm afraid, and all the worse for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

eh, how do you burn an iso image onto cd using nero?
    wont let me do it for some reason, keeps looking for a "nero file" instead of a .iso, when i forced it to burn an iso, i ended up with a coaster

anyone enlighten me?
    (the iso is a linux install cd)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Koopa, if you're just clicking File-->Open (which is what lazy people like me do), instead click File-->Burn image

Offers the option to burn iso files then

tbh for iso and bin files, I usually just use Fireburner instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sam what version of Nero?
    Usually File - Burn Image works fine, it should look for *.nrg, *.iso or *.cue. Otherwise you should be able to select *.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

This site describes how to do it with both older and recent versions of Nero:
    http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/neroburning.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah thanks i was doing that 'burn image' thing, but i had burned the iso file as "raw data" instead of doing it like that website says (ie. leaving block size 2048)

Advertisement