Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for old pic or link

• 31-07-2002 6:49pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, i remember posting a post ages ago, a jpg or gif, when you visit it, it shows you a pic of your harddrive as the picture and you can explore it, just wonderin, anyone know where I could find it again, can't find it in the search util :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, i rememeber that. I think it was a 'haha, i hacked your hard drive' type thread if that helps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, was somethin like that, can't remember what i called it though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I don't think its what you're looking for, but to do it in a webpage I'd just use something like:

<iframe src="c:\" width="100%" height="350" ></iframe>

Any help?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Bit like that yea, but it was a .gif with that kinda encoding..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ya wouldnt be able to do that with an image. Unless they lared a transparent image over the ifram or something... Or the image was of the normal standard windows folders so everyone went "wow" . :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Any time I've seen it done it's been using Mixie's method above.

Usually underneath a big banner declaring "WE CAN SEE YOUR HARD DRIVE. PURCHASE THIS CRAPPY SOFTWARE FROM US SO YOUR BOSS CAN'T SEE YOUR er, whatever"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Here ya go:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=38669&highlight=iframe

AFAIK it is just an iframe but the page was called .jpg instead of .html to trick you.

Thats exzactly what I was looking for, searched for ages and couldn't find the little basterd :)

Thanks again!

Advertisement