Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live Scottish football on Scottish BBC1 next season.

• 31-07-2002 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

According to another forum, BBC1 Scotland will be showing live SPL matches next season.
    I wonder will it be only on analogue terrestrial.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Something like this has happened before. The Old Firm game has been PPV on Sky, but FTV on BBC1 Scotland (digital & analogue).

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

Carrolls,

An interesting point.

Can anyone with a BBC Scottish Card confirm over the next few days on their EPG that a live match is available next Sunday afternoon. I believe the live coverage starts on the 11th August 2002, or it maybe this Sunday as the Scottish football seasons starts.

Cause I want to order my card from a friend in Scotland. I have a NI BBC Card, and don't want to go to the trouble if the matches are only available in Scotland on analogue terrestrial and not digital.

Cheers

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

Last year, one of the Old Firm games was on BBC1 Scotland and Sky PPV at the same time, and it was on my digibox (BBC), so I guess there will be 100% coverage on the BBC1 Scotland digital service.

The first game is Aberdeen v Celtic, on Sunday 11th August, followed by Rangers-Hibs the following Sunday.

There will be a highlights package every Sunday afternoon, along with the live game. In total BBC1 Scotland are showing 38 live SPL games, Scottish cup games, Scotland internationals also. the 4 Old Firm games are on all BBC1 regions, and 10 games will be available to 'another broadcaster' on PPV, probably someone like Setanta.

I'm off to Celtic Park on Saturday for the 1st game, so I'm not too bothered that it's not on TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

Leesider,

Cheers for clarifying. mmm I think I will order my card today.

Its nice to see free live Sunday afternoon Football returning, after ITV regions losing the Nationwide Football to Sky.

Heres to free TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can anyone tell me how I can get BBC1 Scotland as the only BBC channel I get at present is N.I.

Before you all start laughing at this question I should point out that this is is my first visit to this forum and I am not too familiar with the Sky digital system although I have it installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

The only way at the moment is to get a Scottish FTV card. If you have a friend in Scotland, they can order one for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

According to www.bbc.co.uk/scotland it's Hearts v. Hibs next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I guess that NTL digital ppl wont be able get these stations then - no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

My last question (honest!) I read that Setanta Sport will be offering 10 PPVs as well as the live games, so will all these be Celtic games, and will they be at what used to be called "the normal kick-off"- e.g. 3.00 p.m. on Saturday-because I notice that Setanta has ways of getting round the (antiquated) rules! I must declare a selfish interest, as a Kilmarnock supporter:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

ChristyG, not quite true.
    I was at the Celtic match on Saturday, and learned the following:

The reason the scheduled Aberdeen-Celtic game was dropped in favour of the Hearts game was due to Celtic's champions league game a few days later. This means they can play on Saturday instead of the proposed Sunday, and give them extra time to prepare for the CL game.

Celtic-Partick are on BBC1 Scot in about 3 weeks time.
    As far as I know, the BBC have confirmed the first 6 games they are going to televise, but I don't have that info to hand now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

So, going back to my original point, is the Setanta Sports story

A. All true

B. a half-truth (If so, explain why)

C. Completely untrue

Advertisement