Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

queen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I like Queen a lot, and I'm not exactly a fan rock music, so I guess that says a fair bit for their music.
    They were just an all round extremely talented band, that produced amazing songs.
    I think my favourite song is Don't Stop Me Now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Queen Rock. Although I have Greatest Hits i & II on cassette, I shelled out for the Greatest Hits Trilogy CD.

Also have Miracle, Made in Heaven.

I have considered Freddie Mercury solo album but is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Thomas from Presence
    The Solo in 'You don't fool me' off the last album (not their best song) has one of the coolest solos ever, EVER![

ooooooh! its such a good song! yeah i also love queen, one of the bands that i nearly know every second of their music off by heart (well..the music i ahve of theirs)

i hear what ur saying lolo! I also think u2 were overrated, but i cant agree with u about queen coz i just think their music is fantastic, so many different styles and most of it spine tingling.

irishbyte the solo album's good, but its different to queen stuff (obviously). its got some slow songs that (personally) arent as good as i'd expect of freddie to do (cant remember if theyre covers or not) but some of the great solo stuff is there and theres a couple of goergeous songs. it is worth the purchase.

they say queen are better than the beatles, because theyre the only band where all the members have had no 1 hits....because they all wrote different songs (queen fans already know this!)....

i watched vh1's 100 greatest men (which robbie frickin williams topped over all the greats), and it resulted in an argument between me and mym mum coz she said shes put john lennon no1 and i said id put freddie mercury...he was more talented all round, IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by irishbyte
    I have considered Freddie Mercury solo album but is it any good?

Yep. Well, I love it. :D It's not Queen, it's a little more ballad-like, but it's still fabulous. If you have Made In Heaven you'll have heard a couple of the songs on it anyway - I Was Born To Love You and Made In Heaven - so if you liked those, buy the solo album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Picked up Queen Greatest Hits 1 2 and 3, boxset collection there yesterday. Only €19.95 in Golden Discs. Pretty good going for 3 cds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

19.95??? that bloody brilliant, i think i paid £20 for greatest hits 3 alone, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Queen II - March of the Black Queen...

Still gives me Goosebumps.

Advertisement