Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv audio-in humming noise

• 31-07-2002 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im using a capture card from my tv to my computer, the audio is going from scart @ tv to line in @ sound card. i get this annoying humming noise on the track, this doesnt happen with recording from minidisc or microphone. btw i tried recording audio from the headphone socket and through VCR and i still get this humming noise.
    Im sure the gremlin that used to live in my tv that used to hum all the time is dead cos i stopped feeding him ages ago and i cant figure out the problem. I read an article oon the net talking about having to ground the electricity source or some crap like that. Can you help please?

-david

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It must have something to do with the way the the lead you are using is earthed....... non, or badly earthed leads cause a hum to come on to the sound track. Then again it may not be that.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

ok. well, lets say "hypothetically" this cable was robbed from that big green chest of cables in filmmakers, would it be grounded??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Lets say "hypothetically" Not likely...... half of those "hypothetic" leads are ****ed arse ways.

John

Advertisement