Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury music prize for "British artists"

Options
  • 01-08-2002 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Fair play to gemma me old flame for getting nominated,but this prize is for "british Artists" only!Either they say "and Irish" or else get stuffed.Cant have it both ways.Tell them where Ireland is Gemma!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Previous nominees include Robbie Williams. the Spice Girls and, eh, Mark Morrison.

I'd imagine the Streets would win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not gonna happen. Even being nominated means massively increased album sales (in Ireland AND the UK, and even world wide - the Mercury prize is very prestigious).

I say fair play to her. Feck it, if they say "Damn... we only have 11 good artists in the whole of the UK, lets pick one from Ireland", then thats fine by me! :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gelmir

Fair play to gemma me old flame for getting nominated

U get it on with Gemma???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

well in fairness, the prize is stated as being for acts from Uk and Ireland, check this out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2160642.stm
    It is awarded for the best album of the last year by acts from the UK or Ireland.

There, so ner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

That and Ireland bit is only a bbc update.I can assure you the offical mercury version says uk.Grand if they want to add us in,but hey make sure Ireland appears everytime....yeah,on a glorious whelans night.mmm robbie williams,here`s one guy who would like to plug that asshole."great entertainer" me arse.:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

What a man we have here....

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

dont be smug deco me aul mate.Sometimes i do hit the jackpot...even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day and for once withnail is right we are drifting into the arena of the unwell.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Good to see Gemma there. She used to live a few miles away from where i used to live (a tentative link). Glad to see Doves on the list as well.

Advertisement