Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jj72

Options
  • 01-08-2002 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

is anyone going to see JJ72 in November? althought the first album was good they are **** live. Kurdt i believe you would agree with me considering we saw them so many time!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

I can't believe they deleteD s h_IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

When JJ72 played the Green Energy Festival 2001, one of my brother's friends shouted up at them "What are you moaning about, ya rich $hit", or something along those lines. Haven't heard too much of them since then. Where are they playing?
    Not that I am going to go, just wondering if they could still get a big venue. But I did see them at Reading 2000, before they were big. And they were great, actually. I suppose bigness got to their heads.

they are playing in the Ambassador on November 1st, when i say they are s h_it its only because they only ever play what is on the album and they never talk to the audience, when they played in the red boxs last year (or the year before i cant recall) they were only on for about 55 minutes!!!!!s h_it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deckchair

Have we all become so pampred that we go to gigs in the hope that the bands will talk to us? In the early days of 'the jesus and mary chain' they would only play for about 15-20 minutes and when they talked to the audience it was to tell them to F off! I'm not a fan of JJ72 but they're just doing their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Lets face it, as long as JJ72 are talking they're not playing.

MORE TALKING PLEASE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

in all fairness now...bands wouldnt up there at all without us buying there music...and we pay for the tickets when we go to see them...so i think its fair for us to have expectations...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlisonC

JJ72 - THE FLOODGATES OPEN.

JJ72 have finally completed work on their second album for Lakota Records. It¹s s been produced by legendary knob-twiddler Flood (famed for his work with U2 and Depeche Mode amongst others) whilst another ³legend², Alan Moulder - a name you¹d associate with Nine Inch Nails and the Smashing Pumpkins - has mixed the record, a fact that perhap hints at some of the direction the new record has taken. The album which is to be called I To Sky. It will be preceeded by a new single called Formulae on September 20th. There are plans for a major live tour of the UK in October and November.

All lyrics and music have been provided by Mark Greaney..

In ireland...
    JJ72 release their new single entitled Formulae on September 13th. Their second album called I To Sky will be released on Lakota Records on September 27th

alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Glad to see that my desire to bury JJ72 up a rhinos arse and leave them to die is not without company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 roisin916

jj72 ain't bad,but everyone's forgotten them by now.Is the gig at the music centre or what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Ohhh gawwwwwd JJ72 don't get me started on these guys.

The most boring, whiny, moany bunch of no-talent rich kids moaning about daddy not buying them a swimming pool for their thirteenth birthday or whatever. Bands with the whole 'cooler than thou' image should, indeed, be buried up a rhino's ass.

I mean, isn't time, really time, that the whole shoe-gazing-wistfully-staring-into-middle-distance thing is laid to rest?

Answers on a postcard........

If they were playing in my back garden, I'd set the dog on them and close the curtains.

• Advertisement

They are playing the ambassador on the first of November.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Oh super. These tomatoes here should be nice and ripe by then.

Heads up, JJ72!!!

(I get the whiff of something Louis Walsh-esque about these guys.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Never a fan of JJ72's music. Although I did like the way they avoided all the Irish band bull**** and managed to actually sell some records. Also they were really young making that album so I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Having said that I heard the new single last week and it is just so f***ing bad!! Even worse than the last album. This coupled with the fact that I saw the singer recently throwing a hissy fit after he was refused entry to a gig. All I could hear was him screaming at a bouncer "Don't you know who I am". Think I will be giving their gig a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

I've got to agree their music can be kinda irritating but at least you've got to admit JJ72 have their aims set high. A lot of Irish bands at the moment seem to be content to just paddle around in the local scenes, play Whelans every couple of weeks or whatever. JJ72 have ambition, whatever else might be said about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 clintron

mrgump yer off yer rocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 roisin916

ok point taken, they can be pretty whingy but sometimes you need that.And they are obviously talented.And the drummer is pretty damn fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Ok here goes.... I liked their album, good stuff and ill be interested to see what their new stuff is like... *DONT HURT ME*:D

Did anyone win tickets to the secret gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mrpugwash

ive decided to moan on every jj72 i can find, cause this board is so ****ing stuck up its unreal with the few excetions

it seem u hate jj72 for being rich kids(which is new on me, they seem to be from a middle class family, where does it mention swimming pools in the lyrics?)

why does this bother you, the fact u cant afford a guitar,to show your talent, if you dont like them fair enough

"""""""""" one of my brother's friends shouted up at them "What are you moaning about, ya rich $hit", or something along those lines. Haven't heard too much of them since then. Where are they playing?"""""""""""""

oh wow hes so ****ing cool "wow"

are you all from the poorest of poor places, jj72 are from clontarf.......which is irrevant, cause you should like them rich or not............its as bad as 12 yr old girls liking westlife cause they look good....thats not a music fan

i admit jj72 are a take them or leave them band, who have made it and over 2 million ppl liked them enough to buy the cds

and you all go on bout him being an attention seeking ****er(well maybe in the other post) but he is famous and is gonna attract attention, wouldnt it be worse if he told ppl to ****off

im pretty sure they are glad dont have fans like yous and their fans actually like the band for the music

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Holy shit! Its a dude!

Must go wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by mrpugwash
    ive decided to moan on every jj72 i can find, cause this board is so ****ing stuck up its unreal with the few excetions

Blah, Blah, Blah

Whine, Blah, Blah

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah

etc.

And the prize for most dotdotdots in a thread goes to...

:rolleyes:

Oh please let me have your babies!!

j00 have openEd moi eyez and Oi wish to subscribe to j00R nooze lett0r!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

MrPugwash, read my post again. I never made any statement regarding whether I thought what she did was cool. Actually, I think this girl is a total fool. I like JJ72, sort of.

Plus, right or wrong, I don't think somebody who registered in the last five days should be knocking the forum like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Say what you like about JJ72, but
    DON'T KNOCK THE BOARD!!!

Seeing as it's a JJ72 thread and all, I might as well share my opinion.
    I used to hate them, now I like them. There y'are. :D
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Gigs in November, and already they're advertising?

Have to say though, apart from the whiney voice, pretentious lyrics, unbearable posturing..
    er, nope. forgot where i was going with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

u muppet that was last year. talking about draggin up old posts. Jolene pay attention go to the site and see what it was on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Don't I feel quite the fool

Advertisement