Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more XP woes

Options
  • 01-08-2002 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

doesnt seem so long since my last windows xp problem...

this one is a shade more urgent however. When I logon to my laptop (as administrator) using either the domain or workgroup setups I cannot run 90% of my installed apps. in fact about the only thing I can get running is IE and Outlook Express. When I try to run... Word or ICQ for example I get

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

A highly dubious error message for the administrator to be getting. Tried to look in user accounts but cant get in there either! Cant run cmd, regedit, notepad - its driving me up the bloody wall :(

Help!?!

(thanks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hate to say it but you're not an admin anymore (If you're using the specific Administrator account then it's most likely been taken out of the Administrators local group)....Anyone else been on your machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Thats pretty much what I thought creed, just wanted a second opinion.

Im the only user (its my laptop so nobody else touches it)... good old microsoft and their fantastic operating systems....

Better get on with that format then :(

Advertisement