Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite games company

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I second that Bushido Blade moment. Stunner of a game, that. Wish someone would do an updated next-gen version... But not in the style of BB2, which was rubbish :(

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Capcom - Resident Evil / Street Fighter / All Arcade Beat'em'ups such as Darkstalkers / X-Men vs StreetFighter / Marvel vs Capcom (OK they're all samey, but everyones played at least one of the above on an arcade machine in early years)

Team 17 - AlienBreed (One brilliant Amiga Game - Had me hooked for yonks) / Worms / Project-X (Amiga) / SuperFrog (Amiga's Second best rival to Sonic/Mario, Zool being the first)

Square - Bushido Blade / The FF Series

Infogrames - Simply for the Alone In The Dark 1 & 2 games, the stepping stones towards the amazing Res Series

CodeMasters - Dizzy The Egg Series (C64 / Speccy and Nes, the NES Dizzy game was absolutely F'ing brilliant) / Super Stunt Man and a sea of other C64 Greats - They are one of the only companies to mentally scar me for life during the reign of the C64.

LucasArts - For those funny puzzle amiga style cartoony adventures such as 'Zak MacKraken and the Alien Mind benders'

MOST HATED COMPANY:

Valve. They can suck on my Meat Rod for making one game that spawned a hundred variations, all of which have caused me massive net/phone bills and the discovery of Ireland CS Servers / IRC and my long term running clan VAR - Oh and Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Rare, nintendo + valve.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Adeline!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Blizzard for Warcraft 1-3
    Sierra/Valve for Half-Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I think i should get a prize for the least known games company Knightsoft Technologies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im sure shinji or indeed myself could pull one or two unknown companies out of our hat if we wanted..

but only weenies do that so we did'nt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Square and Konami.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

sierra/valve/gearbox

and Konami for the MGS series

Advertisement