Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

shipping from usa

Options
  • 01-08-2002 4:56pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Need an opinion...
    I am thinking of having a 1994 ford tempo shipped from the states and the quote I got was $roughly 1500.00
    would it be worth it, or should I just buy a used car in dublin...the tempo is paid for already and runs okay...would need new tires at the most.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh, what about the whole left-hand-drive thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

yeah, was just thinking that.

Free car for 1500 doesn't sound too bad - left-hand drive might be a bit of a disadvantage in selling it though.

Is selling it in the US and using the money to get a car here not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

looks like the resale value of the car is only $1500. I wouldn't spend 1500 euro shipping on it. Sell it, buy a nice old mustang and ship that over:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1847025280

should be easy enough to sell over here once you are finished with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 scenic

Me thinks you should contact your local VRT office to assess what, if any charges the Revenue Commissioners might want to have a look in your wallet for - see www.revenue.ie and follow the links

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I think your right, I dont want to pay the value of the car to have it shipped...I will either put it in storage for when I am there to drive it, or sell it...we'll see what happens here on the job front first ;)
    thanks though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement