Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

para_causeway

• 01-08-2002 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Allright.. Im working on my new map: para_causeway. I have put up some screenshots of it. None in game yet as i have yet to add lights :eek: (Flashlight comes in handy) .

I have added some water to the map which i have working :D . Now come my problems so if anyone can answer any of my questions:

(Im using Worldcraft / Hammer before you ask :D )

Questions:
    - How do i put a door in? (i made my building disapper in another map when i tried :eek: )
    - How do i add windows... I want to have windows so people can fire out of em ... how do i put em in? i have a hollow box and want to add a door into it and a window to fire out of.
    - Skybox ... i have an idea how to make one but dont have any files or dont have a clue where the texture is for it... any help :o
    - Models... i had a model working on my first map but you could walk through it :rolleyes: . I have put a few models on this map but they would not come up ... how do i add the models and have it so you cant walk through em?

(Screen Shots will follow)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

[EDIT] Images removed as updated images below[/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

hhuummm...

nice work winters, keep it up.

[/me gets pissed off wit speed of winters mapping :/]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

yeah thats pretty fast.
    for doors, you need to go to quark for an explanation from me:)
    same with windows. theresan easy way for them both... if it's just basically a hole in the wall you want you have ot create a new poly(wall, cube, prism, what have you i don't really care)
    and shape it into the size/with/length/thickness of the door/window you want, and place it exactly where you want your door/window to be in the building.
    above the sort of toolbox{i don't know any of the official terms here:)} where it says worldspawn and it has a list of entites/polys thre are 4 buttons/tabs. click the one thatlooks like a square. just below there should be 2 more buttons with squares on them. click the one on the right,its now a negative poly and, in the 'drawing board' screen should have a pink instead of blue wireframe. right-click on it and click 'Brush subtraction'. now delete the pink poly you created there you want the window/door to go. DONE!
    swinging doors i'll show you on sunday;) :eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Questions:
    - How do i put a door in? (i made my building disapper in another
    map when i tried )
    - How do i add windows... I want to have windows so people can fire out of em ... how do i put em in? i have a hollow box and want to add a door into it and a window to fire out of.
    - Skybox ... i have an idea how to make one but dont have any files or dont have a clue where the texture is for it... any help
    - Models... i had a model working on my first map but you could walk through it . I have put a few models on this map but they would not come up ... how do i add the models and have it so you cant walk through em?

1. http://www.mazy.net/tutorials/door/door.htm or http://www.mazy.net/tutorials/rotatingdoor/rotatingdoor.htm

2. crapwindows.gif

Download these (crap) windows: http://www.boards.ie/members/drake/maps.zip

3. http://www.vlatitude.com/tutorials.php and/or http://www.tdcom.net/lacos/?section=2&subsection=4

4. Place a large brush with the "clip" texture around the approximate size of the model. The "clip" stops any player from moving through it.

-DRake

does this remind anyone else of the royal canal???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Image1: An Overview
    para_causeway1.jpg

Image 2: View from site of town to the causeway
    para_causeway2.jpg

groovy stuff. i like the laurels partiularly...
    thisll me REAL good to play..:D :eek: ;)

that was SUCh a groovy map to play. i starded yesterday on a fun little indian fort/cowboys charge at it typre map, its still in the works but its most basic and will be out in about 2 days.
    its feckin tiny...
    start any more maps lately winters?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by Winters
    Questions:
    - How do i put a door in? (i made my building disapper in another map when i tried :eek: )
    - Skybox ... i have an idea how to make one but dont have any files or dont have a clue where the texture is for it... any help :o
    - Models... i had a model working on my first map but you could walk through it :rolleyes: . I have put a few models on this map but they would not come up ... how do i add the models and have it so you cant walk through em?

I'd answer myself normally but its the middle of the night and I'm tired :)www.handyvandal.com or www.valve-erc.com should answer all your questions. Your map looks nice so far, good luck with it!

Advertisement