Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - more incompetence

Options
  • 01-08-2002 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

My favourite pet peeve.. NTL.

I pay monthly by credit card, rather than trust them with accessing my bank account with a Direct Debit. They switched over to an automated cc payment system a few months ago, and today as it was the 1st of the month, I decided to check my outstanding balance... 4 months arrears!

I checked my cc statement, they had taken the money, but when I spoke to a guy on the phone today, they had no record of taking it! Could I send them proof, at my expense, so they may look into the matter.

Anyone else get screw ups like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

why can't you just send them in your credit card receipt just blank out what you don't want them to see. Other than that you can get cut off and have no cable.

you could live in a land without ntl, what bliss !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Thanks Jessica, but could you tell me what the point of having an automated payment system is, if it doesn't bloody work in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You can't trust any Irish utilities to deal with your money is what the problem is. No matter who you're dealing with, always keep 6 month's worth of statements and keep ALL your bank statements. Its a lot of paper but it's worth it.

Twice I had bills from Eircom stating "Payment received - thank you" when I was paying by direct debit, when in fact they hadn't taken the payment at all, and cut me off as a result. Once they even refused to give me the account number over the phone so I could pay them by phone banking - and you couldn't walk into an office and do it because they'd closed their public offices down!

If they can con you into paying twice, be sure they will.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

My own trouble with Accounts when signing up for digital TV is documented on the ICDG website, http://icdg.boards.ie

They really need to sort out their problems, do NTL...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by icdg
    My own trouble with Accounts when signing up for digital TV is documented on the ICDG website, http://icdg.boards.ie

I can't see anything about your Accounts trouble on the site. Were you asked to remove it? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement