Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxy Software

Options
  • 01-08-2002 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations for internet connection sharing software (proxies and the like). The ICS in windows just ain't cutting the mustard. I'd really like if the proxy software could define policies for when and when not a dial up connection could be established (Can this be done using scripting in the connection's properties?). Oh... and any mail server recommendations while I'm at it?

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Wingate is one i've used. there are a fair few other, have a search through the forum.
    or even google....

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rolo2912

It does all you want it to do.

proxy and mailserver. takes some time to set it up and get it to work but once it is running it is good. Big advantage : Freeware.

Search for it on download.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Difficult

win proxy has it's moments.

mecury is a lovley (free) mail server from

http://www.pmail.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by rolo2912
    It does all you want it to do.

proxy and mailserver. takes some time to set it up and get it to work but once it is running it is good. Big advantage : Freeware.

Search for it on download.com

Sorry for bringing up this year old thread but I need to ask a question bout JanaServer and rolo seems to know how to use it.

I was wondering how the hell do you get it to work!? You download this file on the JanaServer
    website called 008. Its not an installation file or anything. What the hell do you do with it to get JanaServer working!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rolo2912

Hi,

it has been a year since I posted this. Note first of all that Jana is not freeware anymore. Just for personal use not for commercial.

http://www.janaserver.de/start.php?lang=en&menue=download

On the bottem of the page you will find
    Download 2,31 MB - Multilingual. Click on it to get the exe file.

Furthermore check www.fam-hauck.de. All your questions will be answered.

Hope this is of help to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement