Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr Dictionary ... retired.

• 01-08-2002 11:15pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mr Dictionary has previously been an amusing sardonic feature of these boards but I've "retired" the account for the following reasons.

1. Its a one joke idea, stop milking it its getting less funny each time.

2. Its clearly someones alter ego here.

3. And I didnt take kindly to this piece of arrogance and nastyness to a new poster.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59135

I think it time he retired and stayed gone... adieu, our big-worded friend, better to leave before you are pushed.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

/me cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i'll second spectres cheer .. was getting bloody annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What? no more incessant bombastic buffoonery anymore?
    I'd just love to know who the alter ego was (/me looks in the direction of a bubbly persona)

Shame really, he could've spoken to a much wider audience by being less thesaurusesque. Sad it came to this..

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I'd just love to know who the alter ego was (/me looks in the direction of a bubbly persona)

Whoever it was - He/She has the satisfaction of knowing that aliasing as a painfully unfunny, heartless, spammy little turd monger only gets you banned... Eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by RopeDrink

Whoever it was - He/She has the satisfaction of knowing that aliasing as a painfully unfunny, heartless, spammy little turd monger only gets you banned... Eventually.
    Yet your still here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Didn't I tell you who it was?
    #Fortress.ie Logs from Sun Jul 07 2002
    [13:29] *** Jared (~Rofl@64.5.220.82) has left #fortress.ie

[....]

[13:32] *** Mr_Dictionary (~Rofl@64.5.220.82) has joined #fortress.ie
    [13:32] <Mr_Dictionary> Hello my concomitant friends

[...]

<Fio[Smiles]> helo Mr. D. aka Jared

[...]

<Fio[Smiles]> [13:29] *** Jared (~Rofl@64.5.220.82) has left #fortress.ie [13:32] *** Mr_Dictionary (~Rofl@64.5.220.82) has joined #fortress.ie
    <Fio[Smiles]> nice cover up!

[...]

[13:35] <Mr_Dictionary> Ahh my specious identity finally exposed
    <Fio[Smiles]> no finally about it

[...]

[13:36] <Mr_Dictionary> Fio your paucity is tortuous

So there you have it.

<< Fio >>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Who?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^ what Dev said

"Jared"?

I was kind of hoping it was someone who was a regular - or at least someone who gets abuse on a regular basis. Or bubbles.

Don't know much about IP addresses but the IP on PI of Dic. isn't the same as that one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I wouldn't mind so much if his grandiose vocabulary was actually used in it's correct context
    pau·ci·ty Pronunciation Key (pôs-t)
    n.
    Smallness of number; fewness.
    Scarcity; dearth: a paucity of natural resources.

spe·cious Pronunciation Key (spshs)
    adj.
    Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious: a specious argument.
    Deceptively attractive.

Anyway, the Readers - Digest improve your word power page is more fun when it comes to enriching my vocabulary. My sempiternal peregrination to dictionary.com won't be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

He, He. I can see smiles sitting in #fortress.ie for weeks waiting for Mr_Dictionary to finally unmask him.. good work :D

Good ban too.... that was beginning to really annoy me.

Interesting, I just noticed - it took him 3 minutes to look up the word "specious" on thesaurus.com. He must have a really slow connection... or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The truth is, I'm Mr Dictionary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Good call to get rid of him. He was a bit hard on CubeMistress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Boston
    The truth is, I'm Mr Dictionary

Was this before or after me and Kharn saw you yesterday at the cinema with your girlfriend?

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by smiles

Was this before or after me and Kharn saw you yesterday at the cinema with your girlfriend?

<< Fio >>

Strange, I was at the cinema with typedef, remember i pointed to him?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie

Yet your still here?

I am saved by the fact that I openly say whatever it is I have to say without aliasing / hiding who I am / without giving a flying toss what anyone else thinks... And I don't try to use my vocabulary as a method of making people think I'm amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

are you coming on to me?

Does it bloody look like it!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Why was Mercury_Tilt's post claiming to have been Mr Dictionary deleted from this thread?

Good riddance, Dic.

are you coming on to me?
    Oh yeah azeziziel baby, who's ur daddy *slap* :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

/me rips off shirt

YEAH BABY!!

From here
    Originally posted by azezil:

i should warn you all i strip when drunk, and haven't been near a gym in about 2 years!!!

ROFL :D

/me throws the JD/Vodka @ azezil

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boston, stop being a tosser.

Azezil, did you REALLY feel you had something to add to this thread? In fact a number of people should consider that question carefully.

Admin isnt a play area for people who think of themselves as oldskool. Keep on topic or **** off.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement