Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now THIS is screwed up

Options
  • 01-08-2002 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Last night, I had a dream.

Not unusual to many people, but I live like Jhonen Vasquez(I get on average about 2 hours of sleep if any, a day, rarely eat, stay up for 3 days at a time,etc..) so sleeping, let alone dreaming is rare for me.

I dreamt I visited the campus. Except it was disturbingly different. The Spar (or shpar, if you were in Russian) had been replaced by a fully functional, very large Tescos. Sans Jolt. Res was one big tower block(I think my imagination used the ballymun surrounding area as a basis for this, my brain almost always uses real life stuff in my dreams) That was very clean, Like 5 star hotel clean. and there were kids riding down the stairs on silver scooters.

ow wierd is that??? Considering I spend 2 hours today listening to U2- Pop and drawing all the crazy sh!t that happened in my sketchbook, along with my usual scary stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Dreams are always an insight into our subconcious, what exactly your subconcious is thinking about I doubt anyone but you can comprehend. So explore yourself (not in that way). Write a poem, write a song, do something creative and see if you get any sudden inspiration or anything. Or smoke lots and lots of weed.

On a completely unrelated note:

Fenix*TX. 25th May 2002. The Ambassador Theatre. Dublin.
    "This, is a song. About smoking lots, and lots. Of marijuana."

My best moment of 2002 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP! ;p

dreams are like poetry man! POETRY! It's all about what your mind makes of your life and memories and sh1t... :)

Speaking of poetry... w00t! ;p

and... yeah. I'm not 100% set in my views on dream reading... mostly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

im guessing it means you're going to go on a psychotic rampage there...

now if you do, please, and i know you'll be busy and all... but will you write "i love sven" on your shirt? in blood for extra effect? cause that sorta infamy would REALLY score chicks. albeit scary killer ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

nonononono, the best way to tap into your subconcious is:

Clear your mind completely, don't think of anything.
    Then draw. seriously, some of the stuff you draw will end up giving you an idea of whats bugging you etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

you are all odd little rabbits in dire need of being eaten by a large egyptian donkey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

How are you able to clear your mind? i've never been able to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Em.....*shrug* not so much clear my mind as think of nothing in particular and whatever pops into my head next is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Personally i think that the things buried in my subconcious should be alowd to stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I am the king of weird dreams. I predicted the first slide of that lecture about bones in one of my dreams (John from my class can prove it. I told him a day in advance). It's sort of a hereditary thing in my family. My mam predicted her friends dads death a day before it happened (and it wasn't like he was expecting to die soon).

Here's an example of my weird subconscious. For about 3 weeks after CTYI ended I had dreams I was in some sort of ancient Roman garden and everyone from CTYI was there. They were all talking and having fun but they all hated me because they said that I ignored them. Then I apologised an they all started hugging. I thought it might be some sort of premonition.

perhaps it was some sort of premonition...maybe we are destined to have a themed reunion where we all dress up
    roman-ish and pretend to hate you?
    or maybe your just nuts.
    either way, it works for me!
    xxx
    t

• Advertisement

Do we get to wear those sheets? (Togas?)

And didn't the Romans have public, communal baths? Yay! Nekkidness!

revel in the nekkidness!
    revel, i say!

BUT THE HAT STAYS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ON!!!!!!!!

Okay keep the hat on, but now come join me in out big communal bath. But no one may stand there *points*, that space is for Sven!

so there is you on the left and sven on the right....
    where do i get to revel?
    (sniff)

You get to go in the middle! Hooray-ness!

oh! OH!

*faints*

i get to be in the middle!
    hahaha the froggies cannot get me now!
    ha!

coz I GET TO BE IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

you're all mad. :p
    people brutally beat and rape me in my dreams. all the time. and it's particularly bad because i feel pain in dreams and sometimes i wake up and i still think i'm dead but i'm not and i wish i was....i'm beginning to think i need help....:( :confused:
    sHep :cool:

i'm okay....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Last night i dreamed there was a dragon at ctyi...uck there was a lot of other twisted stuff going on. I don't think i want to go to sleep tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

There was no togas or communal bathing in my dream. Everything was normal except we were in some kind of Roman Garden.
    It probably means nothing. When I was about 2 or 3 I kept having the same dream about a woman drilling a hole in a bus with a corkscrew and then putting tape over it. And that's one of my normal dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Fugrit.

I dreamt again yesterday.

And I felt a very large amount of pain. An exceedingly large amount. And that's all I remember. :eek:

That reminds me, today(or was it last night?) circa 4, I wrote a very nice essay on my sleeping pattern. People can read it sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Conor is convinced that he is a pre-cog a la Minority Report. We were talking about our preminition dream things on the way back to his house from the cinema and now he's convinced.

On a totally unrelated note: Toga! Toga! Toga! 2000!

yay! back from brittany!
    yay!
    togas, communal baths, and I GET TO BE IN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!
    I DO I DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh god brittany was unbeliievably bad....all hot and nasty.
    missed you all terribly, you'll be glad to hear i woke up screaming madly whilst having a dream about there being a big war between the knackers in my school and the ctyi ppl in stephens green. i thInk i was being de-hatted when i woke up.
    odd, that.
    anyway!
    I GET TO BE IN THE MIDDLE! I DO!

Theresa ... what say afterwards we have a private little communal bath? Or not, whatever. I've just been propositioning everyone today, so, either way.

will consider this offer with great care...
    hmmm...being alone forever OR getting hooked....
    hmmmmmm....i'll have to think about this for a while....

TAKE ME NOW!!!!!
    NOW!!!! :D

Righto, let's be havin' yeh! Let us frolick through to the private-public-communal-bath for just you and me. Hooray! Gropage is to be had Neil ... gropage!!!

Gropage
    The act of groping. Pronounced, grope-age.

gropage?
    hmm......can't say that sounds at all bad!!!!
    am still in france but return to land of cold and sexy rain tomorrow....i love ireland.
    oh god.
    i sound like an 86 year old man living in the aran islands.
    i love ireland, indeed.
    get a grip, theresa.

[Not the most appropriate message in the world, eh?]

• Advertisement

erm....

Advertisement