Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-activation of FTA card in a different box

• 02-08-2002 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have heard that each FTA card can only be married to a particular digibox (except for ITV, Channels 4&5, but that's another matter) but that one digibox can have a number of cards married to it but .......

If I have an FTA card married to a particular box and want to change boxes can I simply ring and say that I want the 'old card' married to a different box?

Or can I do it myself by doing a manual installation? If so, can someone help with the steps to take just to be sure I have it OK

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi sayireland

I would take a guess that if you know where the card came from you could have it remarried to the a new box by telling the BBC that you bought a new box.

I don't know for sure but some one around here might know

I hope this helps you

Eóin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The last step of a manual installation is the digibox phoning Sky. This is fine if it is done in the UK but will not work here as Sky will detect that the call is coming from outside of the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 declans

Shane OC Please state the facts not fiction !

I have called the FTV line many times from Athlone, the most recent being Friday to get the postcode changed from a London address to a Scottish address so as to get BBC1 Scotland for Scottish football this season.I am not going to pay Setanta 12-13 Euro per game.
    The easiest way to hide your number from a landline is dial 141 before 00448702438000.
    3-4 mins after the call instead of ITV London on 103 I had Scottish TV and also BBC1 Scot & 2 Scot on 101 & 102

Later

Dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by declans
    Shane OC Please state the facts not fiction !

I have called the FTV line many times from Athlone, the most recent being Friday to get the postcode changed from a London address to a Scottish address so as to get BBC1 Scotland for Scottish football this season.I am not going to pay Setanta 12-13 Euro per game.
    The easiest way to hide your number from a landline is dial 141 before 00448702438000.
    3-4 mins after the call instead of ITV London on 103 I had Scottish TV and also BBC1 Scot & 2 Scot on 101 & 102

Later

Dec

Calling the FTV line yourself is not a problem as you have shown yourself. The question that was asked was if it is possible to activate a FTV card by doing a manual installation. It is not as the digibox will try to ring the number. You should not have the phoneline connected to the digibox if you are using a FTV card.

Not quite fiction, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

Declan,

I have a NI BBC Card, I was considering giving my friend address in Scotland.

Was it that straight forward?

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement