Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Neon's on a bike

Options
  • 02-08-2002 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever put a set of neon strip lights on a bike? I just watched the fast and furious and was wondering could I fit a set to my bandit?

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think BanditMania do something along these lines..

I've seen a few bikes with these fitted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Oh dear.

I toyed with the idea of putting neons on my bike briefly but then realised a) people would only see them in the dark and b) my bike would look a bit of a state.

Personally I don't like the look of neons on a car and think they look even more garish on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I think at this point in time, that neon lights are only used to attract local scum, blue neon seems to be the choice of a new scum generation....i've so far seen it on cars (everywhere, inside and out), mopeds and a few cruisers (but they were old americans and couldnt be confused for scum)

It'll only invite sh1theads on mopeds to annoy you at lights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

i actually had the very same idea and have been trying to follow up on it for quiet some time now but so far not having any luck.... i have a DragStar 650 and was trying to find me a shortish (approx. 2ft) light to try and strap to the underside of the frame of the bike, checked around waterford and the only place that had them were out and finding it hard to get them in again, also the other problem was they could only get that crappy blue colour, where as i want to try get a red one so that it would go with the bike.....any one know if these light kits can be gotten online anywhere?
    i'm told they are quiet easily picked up in england and i'm going there soon so might have a look about when i'm there to see what i can find :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How are the neons connected to the bike's electrical systems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

AKA the Quad Damage modification

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

Well that i'm not a hundred percent sure on, a couple of guys i work with have them on their cars and they tell me they are just wired straight to the battery and rigged up to a little switch on the dash, now i dunno how much of a draw there would be on the battery from one of these, the shop i was in asking about them said possible as much as the headlight on the bike, so it would be like putting a second headlight on it, however i dunno if this is true, and indeed if it is can the bettery take that much of a draw.

i would only have it on when the engine is running at night time so would have to try and rig up some kind of switch and hide it somewhere under the tank maybe near the fuel switch i dunno yet.

First i need to find the light, then i will check it out for connections and power consumption etc.. to see if it is do-able

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Just change the power relay in the bike. Most bikes will be well prepared to give more power anyway. Just so long as you give it a chance when starting the bike, try not to turn everything on and then start it in other words. Cruisers shouldn't need another relay i'm told, but its not something i actually know but sports bikes will, or you just won't have the power.....captain.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

as far as i know theres, 2 types of neons u can buy for cars - u've the tacky 50euro ones, that plug into ur cigarette lighter - basically for interior use only (altough i've seen a few numpties with them stuck onto their front bumper of their car) - then theres the shatter proof/ultra strong ones , that cost about 500euro for a car - but the sticks/tubes come in different lenths, pretty sure u cud get a small one for a bike. try www.pro-parts.net (think thats the address) - its a car specific site though

Finally, my personal opinion on them are - neons looked cool in the F&F , and will probably look cool again in the F&F2 , but they aint cool on a corsa/vcar/bike/moped , or any car for that matter - plus u get unwanted attention from the ScumBag/45' hat wearers and the gardai. This is all just my opinion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I was thinkin bout the unwanted attention when I first posted this thread but i was more curious to see how they looked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement