Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of my not so bright ideas

• 02-08-2002 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Just before I start I have'nt a clue about mapping and it's looks very unlikey that I'll be able to learn mapping with my brain being the size it is, however I have knocked up a few ideas, any mappers out there can feel free to put these ideas on canvas or monitor as would be, first of all these are for counter strike, secondly i must warn you that my ideas have received criticism from the likes of Kaids and Drake, although most of my ideas get criticism in one way or another :)

1) The first map is es/cs_mental_hospital, or de wichever is more appropriate, a two storey builiding incorporating long dark corridors, es_prison type rooms, some testures from office, prodigy, prison and estate, with the same kind of layout as office. Sounds really crap I know :rolleyes:

2) Another idea that was presented in front of Kaids and laughed at, cs_tesco, more of a fun map than anything, you get to rescue spotty faced teenaged hoatages/employees from terrorists, another crap idea :)

3) This one could work if done correctly, de_italy, using the same textures of Italy and a layout that has a similarity to cs_italy. i know many wil say that de_Torn has a similarity to Italy ( maybe it's storm I'm always getting them mixed up ) however torn/storm has a crap layout. *

4) You gussed it, another crap idea, tr_killing_house, the tr stands for training and is largely based on a house that the SAS have, whcih is used for rapid entry deployment, the map might be a good place to practise chucking flashbangs and grens in tight areas.

Of course no one will pay attention to all this because it's basically just me rambling on.............

* according to Kaids it's Torn but I'm still not sure and I could'nt be arsed looking it up.

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

- Training Maps...
    No one would want to play a training map when they can fire up a server and play online / learn that way.

- Tesco's
    I had a bloke come up to me and demand that I help him make de_dunnes_stores. It'd be more of a novelty map than anything, and novelty maps wear thin after two or three goes. Pointless.

- CS_Mental_Hospital
    Who'd want to save a colletion of demented bastards from being terrorised
    I hope to make some kind of prison map sometime in the future, and I'll be adding a twist to it too. It'll be dark, broody, ambient and downright dirty with added... stuff.

- De_Italy
    I don't think that would be wise. Not big enough to be a de_map and there are a lot of straight paths that lead from CT to T spawn / T to supposed Bombsites too quickly. Not a good idea unless you plan to add chunks onto it.

Corega, it doesn't matter wether your idea's are naff or not. Sometimes an idea can aspire into a bigger one when bounced off another person, and you've reminded me to make that prison map. I just have to wait until I get my PC working...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Corega

3) This one could work if done correctly, de_italy, using the same textures of Italy and a layout that has a similarity to cs_italy. i know many wil say that de_Torn has a similarity to Italy ( maybe it's storm I'm always getting them mixed up ) however torn/storm has a crap layout. *

de_italy has been started by the two creators (sp?) of the original cs_italy.

http://www.forumplanet.com/counterstrike/topic.asp?fid=4965&tid=760468

That is all.. nice call on the idea ANdy :D

Advertisement