Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq Deskpro 4000

• 02-08-2002 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I have a Compaq Deskpro 4000 here a neighbour asked me to look at. It's only a 233mhz I think. When I turn it on it just says "You must load COMPAQ BASIC". I tried the compaq reference library but just get "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column prefix 'tb_tr_Tokens' does not match with a table name or alias name used in the query.

/support/includes/n_product_specific_header2.inc, line 189
    "
    :/

Anyone know a way of installing windows without installing COMPAQ BASIC or whatever it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Patrick,

Does the machine go through BIOS post okay, or is this as soon as you turn it on. Been a long time, but I doo seem to remember 2000/4000 boxes using a small partition on the Hard Drive for Utils, so could possibly be a corruption of this.

If you need them, you will find the ROM paqs and diags here

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/deskpro/us/locate/4_82.html

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

Thanks for that but I cleared the CMOS and it sorted :)

Advertisement