Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back on nolimits :)

Options
  • 02-08-2002 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

a year ago i was kicked off nolimits along with alot of other ppl
    the number just stoped working for me and they stoped billing me for it
    but about 2 months ago i just tried the nolimits number and it worked so i used it a bit
    i got my esat bill yesterday i wasnt charged for the calls to nolimits but they have started billing me the flat rate of 41.60 for 2 months
    so im back on it :D very strange so if u were removed from the service maybe u should try it :)
    now if i could just dl faster than 4 KBs on it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice one, played.

Is Esat your regular home phone provider?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what's the number again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

13321 0300 1235

didnt work for me but changing the line to esat and going to try it then (tux has an esat line)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i changed to esat 2 weeks ago but it even worked when i was still with eircom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I wonder if this has got anything to do with the rumours about the impending launch of Esat's new "semi-flat-rate" or "limited hours per month" (or whatever the hell you want to call it! lol) service? Maybe they're trying to get a few former No Limits users back on the service and then switch the whole lot of us onto this new scheme. Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i tried it this morning and no luck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

i been trying all morning no luck :confused: are they teaseing
    with this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

bah, no luck
    mebbe its cos im on an ntl line..

well just too update on this not only did i get back onto nolimits but i got it moved from my main number to the other one i got with isdn
    could someone tell me what dl speed u normaly get with nolimits i only get 3.8 KBS max its great to be back on it but its a bit slow i dont think its my line as i use the analog port on my isdn to connect and in the system tray it always shows that iv connected at 45,333 bps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Esat No Limits is slower than, eircom, but I do know I get speeds faster than 3.8Kb/sec. Maybe it's the server you're downloading from? Dell's Bray servers give downloads of over 7KB/sec constant :)

Oh, and to show off my excitement

Im getting an ibook this week! yEay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Any1 know if you can use this on isdn ?

nolimits dosnt support isdn
    i have isdn but i have to use the analog port and a 56k modem to connect to nolimits

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Synkronite
    Esat No Limits is slower than, eircom, B]

Depends where you are. eircom.net seems to suck serious balls in Limerick city (both Roches Street and Dooradoyle exchanges), Esat/IOL seems to be faster on any machine/line I've tried in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by sceptre

Depends where you are. eircom.net seems to suck serious balls in Limerick city (both Roches Street and Dooradoyle exchanges), Esat/IOL seems to be faster on any machine/line I've tried in the area.

i'm just outside limerick in clare (still 061), and i'd completely agree eircom isdn can give pings up to 200 for irish servers for me and ****e dl speeds...............................................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

eircom isdn in dublin on ISDN gives some great pings.
    Eircoms routers outside Dublin seem to be old and outdated (surprise surprise there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by tuxx
    i have isdn but i have to use the analog port and a 56k modem to connect to nolimits
    Just curious; do you get 53-56k connects every time with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

you prob wont as eircom lines wont connect at higher than bout 48K. usually. where as with NTL i get 54.6 constant, and its flat rate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

could someone tell me what dl speed u normaly get with nolimits i only get 3.8 KBS

i got just over 5KBS on a download a few times.... but it usually varies depending on what time and wher im downloading from....

in the system tray it always shows that iv connected at 45,333 bps

im currently connected to nolimits @ 50.6Kbps, i usually connect between 49Kbps and 50Kbps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i wish i had connection speeds like that. 16,800 bps here :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

I once called up eircom complaining about low speeds- she told me Im very lucky to get 44Kbps - and that 21,6Kbps is the average their customers get on PTSN lines

And then I scolded the woman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

I'm was ment to be cut of no limits. I got the letter, and by god i emailed them a big complaint. Guess what they put me back on, didnt tell me i was back on though. But if you stand up to them they would put you on. Well We can't exactly blame Esat for cutting these people off. Its of course Errorcom's (formally known as eircom's) fault. They didn't want Esat to be using the no and forced them to cut people off. Esat couldn't afford to pay for the line. Thats what i remember what happened anyway.

Well I get an average of 5k/sec download speeds, + No ISDN won't work on Nolimits. I rang them up to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Lucifer
    you prob wont as eircom lines wont connect at higher than bout 48K. usually. where as with NTL i get 54.6 constant, and its flat rate :)
    That could be down to the quality of the modem at the Eircom/NTL end. But if it's digital all the way from your house - plugging the modem into an ISDN NTU - then there should be no excuse for any less than full v.90 speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I connect to eircom @ 52k, giving me downloads of about 5kps.

What's better though, is that I also connect at these speeds to my works LAN - which is a 1800 number :):) Only for work purposes though, I absolutely do not use it for free net access, honest ;):p:p
    It's is actually noticeably quicker browsing using my work connection, probably due to the leased line to the mothership in the US :) contention issues etc....

Advertisement