Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing bryce 3d models into GTk???

• 03-08-2002 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Im using mohradient (level editor only)

we dont have a full SDK for mohaa, so need to import a 3d model into GTK (RTCW SDK) then create a map file for it and then import to mohaa and create a TIK file for it.

anyone done this b4 any tips help ??

thx

kdja

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Not a clue m8.

Sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How is it done in Quake ???

im trying to circumvent it :)
    once i have amap image of the model i can insert it with scripting the tiks .

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

/me sees alot of plp running away from this thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

hehe i think your right jim. Kdja maybe you should explain it in simpler terms.

Umm

Mohaa has no SDK we cant import models (weapons etc anything)

The only way to do it would be to import it into another program save it as a map file then mohaa level editor will take it.

I can write up the script for it to be used in the game (called a TIK in mohaa/quake3)

So what im trying to do is import into 3dmax/Bryce and then exprt it into RTCW /Q3 version of radient then save as map file and transfer to mohaa.

But i never did this before so have no idea how to do it.
    it is allegedley impossible cos Ea are W@nkers but i can code it to work just the getting it into RTCW/Q3 i dont know how.

make sense????

kdja

• Advertisement

I doubht thats possible. Importing the mesh into a map file that is. I'm sure theres some other way.

how do you get a gun into CS?

kdja

Well you make the mesh and skin then you animate it. Animations are stored in .smd files. You have to get a plugin for 3dsmax to be able to save them then you compile everything into a .mdl file and thats it.

That MDL file in MOHAA is an SKD file (contains all the animations )
    I have to use an Autodesk program to open them ,
    I have it all scritped for an AK47 (i know but its the 1st weapon)

Now i need to convert the 3d mesh into an SKD should be no problems with that ....

Thx for the help will post here if i do it :)

kdja

Advertisement