Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playing a american dvd

• 03-08-2002 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

im trying to play one on my lappie its just telling me that ive the wrong region . ive told it to take one of the 4 changes to make it american but it still dosent recognise

any help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

u can try this page : http://www.firmware.fr.st/
    but i think a lot of them are region locked internally...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

PC DVD or Normal DVD Player?

if ya have a norm DVD Player (that is somthing like a VCR), get it chipped... talk to layke about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by elexes
    im trying to play one on my lappie
    any help ?

muts you dont read mutch do ya .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

im trying to play one on my lappie its just telling me that ive the wrong region . ive told it to take one of the 4 changes to make it american but it still dosent recognise

any help ?

Yeah - what have you tried changing?

Most DVD playback software is region-set. They allow n region changes, although you can typically bypass this easily using a product like DVD-Genie.

Most DVD drives in PCs now also come with a hardware region-lock, which can also only be changed sie number of times.

Is it possible that you changed one of these settings without the other one changing?

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

muts you dont read mutch do ya .

The No Sarcasm answer could have been: "Laptop DVD muttley. Thanks you for your Interest", But nooo you had to be alll smart! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Get DVD Genie.

"DVD Genie allows you to modify the region code for popular software-based DVD Players including such players as Software Cinemaster, PowerDVD and WinDVD (among a few)."

The changes are done in software, and won't count towards your region-change limit.

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i have Region Manager..u can change the region after uve changed it 4 times or whenever u want :) simple program

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sonic10

i like to watch dvd my favoritre is dr who and monty python with holy grail

Advertisement