Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations please.. Bulletin Board Systems

Options
  • 03-08-2002 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some recommendations please on two specific requirements as follows:-

1) I need a good BBS/Discussion board system (fully featured, polls, icons, Admin GUI, user customizable etc.) which is compatible with a Windows 2000 / IIS / SQL*Server setup.

2) I'm looking to find any BBS system (as above) which is cabapble of being integrated with MS Active Directory.

Before anyone launches into an argument for linux/apache/mysql etc. - please understand that the solution architecture is a given, so it must be an MS story one way or another, hence the win2k/sql view of life. If I can satisfy 1) above I'm half way there, but ideally if I could find an answer to 2) as well, it would make all the user authentication/registration issues a lot easier for me. The reason for ADS is the need for solid authentication on an extranet (backed by an MS Content Mgmt System). I'm just wondering if I can also use this to advantage on an internet site. The BBS will be deployed on both extranet and internet sites.

If you have any specific recommendations on either of the above questions, please do post some info, and links if possible. I'm thinking that the BBS system will most likely have to be a commercial one (rather than a homegrown/open source one) because of support issues and install base, but I guess I'm open to suggestions on that one. Please understand this is for a commercial site/client, so its not a private website with a small readership, but rather a very public site with a large volume of hits. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

c0y0te

Comments

Advertisement