Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL question

Options
  • 03-08-2002 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

hi peeps,

I have recently installed MySQL 3.23.51 on my Win2K-SP2 box, and I am havbing trouble enableing data loads. When I try to populate a table using the "LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "XXX.XX" INTO TABLE XXX;" command the client ge=ives me the following message:

ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

Now I had a look in the manuall, and I am supposed to start the server with the --local-infile[=1] option, but WHERE?????

I have the server installed as a service, and I can enter this parameter in the service startup options, but I don't think this is the right place, because I am still not able to import data. I have also entered the parameter into my my.ini under the [MySQLAdmin] section, but once again, no go!

could anyone let me know how to start the database with this particular parameter?

Thanks in advance.
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I haven't done exactly what your trying to do but I don't think it would be in the [mysqladmin] section... its probably the [mysqld] section. MySQL on a NT ( or 2K ) box uses both the my.ini file and a file called my.cnf in the root of your C drive. Again, I'm not too sure what the section is called, you'll have to look it up. Try the MySQL website.

Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Defenistrator
    hi peeps,

I have recently installed MySQL 3.23.51 on my Win2K-SP2 box, and I am havbing trouble enableing data loads. When I try to populate a table using the "LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "XXX.XX" INTO TABLE XXX;" command the client ge=ives me the following message:

ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

You could always specify the file's directory. I haven't used this command on the *nix version of Linux but I've used a straight SQL import on a Windows version where the data was in the form of sql statements.

Perhaps the LOAD LOCAL statement is not in the Windows version. If so, then you can always use the old method of :
    mysql dbname -uuser -ppasswd <data.sql

The data file would have the structure:
    use dbname;
    INSERT INTO tablename(column) VALUES (value);

It is more tedious but it does work.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

I have solved the problem (well sort of) by installing MySQL on my Suse box. On this system the load data will work fine. I will however get back to the problem when I can be arsed.

in the meantime, thanks for your comments, jmcc and Zab.

Dave.

Advertisement